Topps confirms 60 sparkles in Series 1 baseball set

By Chris Olds | Editor

Topps confirmed on Friday morning that 60 cards in the first series of its flagship 2011 baseball set have sparkle variations.

As previously reported here, there is a sparkle — or twinkle — of a diamond digitally placed into the photograph on the short-printed cards. While Topps did not announce how scarce the cards are, they have been falling roughly one per case in hobby and also have been found in retail packs.

Get the full list of 60 after the jump.

1 Ryan Braun

315 David Ortiz

320 Michael Young

322 Brent Morel

330 Derek Jeter

1. Abe Doctor
    Posted Friday February 18th, 2011 at 01:43 PM | Permalink

Does anyone have a sense of what the print runs are?

2. phillies816
    Posted Friday February 18th, 2011 at 02:31 PM | Permalink

If anyone gets the Utley Sparkle I will gladly trade for it. I pulled the Joey Votto if anyone is interested

3. Bill
    Posted Sunday February 20th, 2011 at 07:02 AM | Permalink

I managed to pull Torii Hunter from a jumbo box. Then in rack packs from Wal-mart, I got Chris Carpenter, Ubaldo Jimenez, and Miquel Cabrera.

4. Melvin Geloneck
    Posted Sunday February 20th, 2011 at 08:13 AM | Permalink

I also wonder if the SP variations (Gehrig, Campanella, etc.) also have even shorter-printed sparkle variations. Does anyone know?

5. Tim Stafford
    Posted Sunday February 20th, 2011 at 12:41 PM | Permalink

Anyone know how rare they are in retail packs?

6. Kevin in New Orleans
    Posted Wednesday March 2nd, 2011 at 10:52 AM | Permalink

I bought a hobby box of Topps 2011 Baseball and landed a Alex Rios “Sparkle”, its nice but I sure would like to land a Jeter! I also landed a Manny R. Relic Card with a piece of Baseball Bat in the “60” Series cards and its only valued at 8.00, seems kinda low for a manny relic but not sure how many there are. Anyone else have one of these?

7. Chris J
    Posted Monday March 7th, 2011 at 11:59 AM | Permalink

I got the B Wilson, Bautista and Luke Scott all outta the W-Mart Jumbo Packs. My odds figured to 1 in every 1,000 cards, What are they gonna list out for??

8. Chris Smoudianis
    Posted Wednesday March 16th, 2011 at 04:44 PM | Permalink

I just got an Utely sparkle phillies816 if you are interested

9. chris hansen
    Posted Wednesday May 18th, 2011 at 01:23 PM | Permalink

i pulled a 2011 topps brian matusz sparkle varation out of a walmart hanger pack i bought
    for $10. i read that they are in retail packs but never thought i whould have found one.

10. chrisolds
    Posted Wednesday May 18th, 2011 at 03:11 PM | Permalink

I got my first one in a rack pack. My second came in a $15 value box.

11. Posted Monday June 27th, 2011 at 07:53 AM | Permalink

i’ve bought almost $100.00 dollars in 36 cards a pack at walmart and just got a domonic brown 421 sparkle card…………no wonder kids take money from parents…..:)

From mod: All Browns look like that one. It’s not a sparkle card.

12. stephanie
    Posted Sunday August 28th, 2011 at 04:07 AM | Permalink

I have a question is does Jermaine Dye have a sparkle card because it sure looks like one on the hand that he is holding the bat. Please let me lnow. Thank You!

One Trackback

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by VIntage Football Car, Beckett Media LLC. Beckett Media LLC said: Topps confirms 60 sparkle variations in 2011 Series 1 baseball #2011_Topps #baseball_cards #featured […]