Sanchez Golden Ticket card redeemed in north Texas

By Andrew Tolentino | Assistant Editor

Panini America is causing a Willy Wonka-esque stir in the hobby.

Found in the recently released 2010 Playoff Contenders product, groundbreaking Golden Ticket cards are slowly surfacing throughout the collecting universe. One such card happened to be pulled right here in North Texas — smack-dab in the backyard of both Panini America and Beckett Media.

This morning, I had the pleasure of watching the jaw-dropped face of Michael Keller from Lewisville, Texas as he redeemed  — in person — his pure-gold Mark Sanchez one-of-one.

“I was actually pretty calm, just very excited”  said Keller, describing his pull. “It’s better than you could imagine.”

Prior to Keller’s pull, only three of the Golden Ticket redemptions have landed in lucky hobby hands. Redemption cards for Brett Favre, Troy Aikman and Aaron Rodgers have been pulled and rightfully announced elsewhere in the country. At the moment, the conveniently-located Texas collector holds the only live card from the program.

Keep your eyes peeled for a few forthcoming videos from today’s rich redemption.

1. Posted Thursday February 17th, 2011 at 04:51 PM | Permalink

wow! congrats to the 4 so far!

2. Posted Thursday February 17th, 2011 at 05:59 PM | Permalink

We pulled the Roger Staubach golden ticket up here in Washington!

3. aaron
    Posted Thursday February 17th, 2011 at 06:22 PM | Permalink

my friend pulled a golden ticket of antiano gates.

4. BRUCE PEARCE
    Posted Thursday February 17th, 2011 at 10:47 PM | Permalink

ELI MANNING I PULLED JUST 3 HOURS AGO IN BURLINGTON , VT AND CANT WAIT TO RECEIVE THE CARD. ANYONE INTERESTED IN TRADING OR SELLING ANY OF THERE CONTENDERS RC AUTO LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

5. Posted Friday February 18th, 2011 at 05:25 PM | Permalink

Panini shouldn’t be releasing redemption cards if they don’t already have the numbers in a database. I’ve got a Mike Williams auto I pulled yesterday that doesn’t come up valid. Congrats to the gold ticket winners though.

6. Crystal
    Posted Thursday February 24th, 2011 at 08:07 PM | Permalink

I just pulled the Carson Palmer golden ticket in Killeen Tx. I also had the same issue as Jordan on the Mike Williams but tried it again two days later and it worked.

7. John
    Posted Tuesday March 15th, 2011 at 09:33 AM | Permalink

I pulled the Rolando McClain last week but I am having some trouble getting logged into the site to redeem it.