Ripping Retail: What’s in a 1983 Donruss fun bag?

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a 1983 Donruss fun bag in this latest retro episode of Ripping Retail.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

1. norman carlisle
    Posted September 4, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

it wasn’t higgins car it was robin master’s car

2. David Johnson
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Thanks for doing that rip. I have been enticed by those Fun Bags for a while, and now that I see how the non-sports cards can go I think I will pass.

3. Posted September 5, 2012 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Damn Chris, $30.00 for that grab bag? Ripping retail just got ripped off. How can the baseball card exchange chage that much for Donruss ’83. Cool retro bag and all, but in my opinion too much. Did you have to pay for shipping too?

4. ddizzal
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

these things were great

5. chrisolds
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Norman: I have no idea. I think the back of the card said it was his car. (Had I known I was going to be ripping P.I. packs I would have gone and done a refresher on who’s who.

6. chrisolds
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Cthomas: If I had pulled a Boggs, Gwynn and Sandberg would you say the same?

7. bill johnson
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

i remember buying one of those back then. instead of the magnum cards i got golf. i traded the jack nicklaus card for a griffey rookie in the 90s. i never could find a value on them so i just did the deal. plus i didnt like golf. like you chris i never pulled a boggs, gwynn or sandberg. keep them coming, chris. thanks.

8. Posted September 5, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

Well if you did pull Sandberg, Boggs, or Gywnn I would not have posted that comment. But you didn’t, by the look on your face. Joe Torre card is cool though. Better luck next time. Maybe you could pull some Punkie Pruster or Airwolf non sports card next time. Better luck next time. Still think a $30.00 bet on the football game would be better spent.