Ripping Retail Retro: 1991 Topps baseball cards … with a vintage surprise

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a $5 box of 1991 Topps in the latest retro edition of Ripping Retail.

What will he find inside? Well, besides a bit of the unexpected? Watch and find out …

What’s inside 1991 Topps? Click here for a checklist and OPG.

1. James
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 3:42 am | Permalink

Another great rip video! Congrats on pulling that 1970 Topps card. That rocks!

2. David Johnson
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 9:58 am | Permalink

I remember opening up quite a bit of 1991 Topps back in the day hoping to get a vintage card. That is definitely the first break I have seen that actually pulled one. CONGRATS!

3. Rock N Roll
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Great rip, but please do something about the beeping going on in the background. Its been months that’s been going on now. There’s no excuse for having that noise still in the background.

4. chrisolds
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Actually, now I probably won’t …

5. Todd Warden
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

I remember pulling a 1977 Roy Smalley out of a pack that year. I was 9 years old at the time, and it was the most amazing thing.

6. bill johnson
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

The first thomas card looked really nice. My favorite card of this year was the roger clemens. Congrads on the 71 pull.

7. MJ
    Posted July 2, 2013 at 9:38 am | Permalink

you should have spent $5 on a 9 volt battery for your smoke detector. Ya never know, could save your collection from a disaster.

8. Posted July 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Great video and priceless reaction. Thanks Chris!

9. Ryan Heckman
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Awesome to see you pull that 1970 card. Everyone I’ve always asked about the vintage cards inserted in 91 Topps claims a “friend of a friend’s little brother” pulled one during recess back in the early 90’s. First time I’ve actually seen evidence. Thanks Chris!