Ripping Retail Retro: 1991 Collect-A-Books

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a pair of 1991 Collect-A-Book packs in this latest Ripping Retail video.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Posted September 19, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

I’d love to watch these, but it’s annoying to have to click through from my RSS feed. Would you be so kind as to start embedding them into the posts “above the fold” so the laziest of us can watch in our RSS readers? :)

2. james mashburn
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 12:08 am | Permalink

love the walk down memorie lane …keep the reto bust going…. my favorite odd ball cards are the hostess cards of the late 70 ths…it explaines why i love cards and why i was a fat kid.

3. Michael Marrufo
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 9:22 am | Permalink

The set I used to collect that was sort of odd was that Upper Deck Set with the Looney Toons. I thought it was kinda weird but kinda cool at the same time.

4. Richard Hogenson
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink

I loved the books. Looking for a Babe Ruth collect-a-book.

5. Randall
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Weirdest ones I had (not a complete set by any means)… the Topps (I think) Talking Baseball Cards. Found these on clearance somewhere. They were at my parents house when I went to college. Unfortunately, never saw them again.

6. chrisolds
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

Richard: Ruth was not in the 1991 set — just 1990.

7. James B
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the memories Chris! I remember getting a couple of the Collect-a-Books back in the day. My friends and I also used to like to collect the old King B Beef Jerky cards that came in the circular plastic disks of shredded beef jerky. Use to have a ton of those. Wish I had held onto them.