Ripping Retail Retro: 1982 Donruss baseball rack packs

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Reed Kasaoka from Baseball Card Exchange (bbcexchange.com) as they rip into a pair of 1982 Donruss rack packs in this latest Ripping Retail video.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Ripping Retail Retro: What do you want to see next week?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Jason K
    Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 03:48 PM | Permalink

Those are perhaps the worst packs I have ever seen you guys rip. Wow!

To me, Donruss didn’t really find their groove until 1985. Where the players name was written on the 1984 set always made me think there should be music notes, not a players name… and that always kinda rubbed me wrong.

2. chrisolds
    Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 04:31 PM | Permalink

Jason: LOADED! LOADED!

3. Trey
    Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 06:37 PM | Permalink

A couple of observations:

-Reed pulled a Dave Parker Diamond King base card in his first pack which was prior to the George Brett Diamond King.
    -Might not be. Jeff Leonard’s RC is 1980 Topps.

Does that get me a copy editing job for Beckett :)

4. kris
    Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 07:22 PM | Permalink

vacation over already chris?

5. kris
    Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 07:23 PM | Permalink

because that wasnt worth coming back for. tough rip

6. chrisolds
    Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 07:37 PM | Permalink

Trey: Probably not since it’s a video.

Kris: Was over before it started.

7. Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 08:20 PM | Permalink

Chris- I have over 9 million cards in my collection, and I can tell you that there was a BIG problem with dealers reheating wax packs after taking out the best players. This was especially true with the Billy Ripkin F Face card!

8. Chuck Dupree
    Posted Monday April 15th, 2013 at 08:44 PM | Permalink

Steve Stone is the White Sox announcer for the last couple years not the Cubs he wanted to announce for a team that had a chance to win LOL

9. Michael Pereira
    Posted Wednesday April 17th, 2013 at 12:17 PM | Permalink

For a second I thought Chris said at 5.55 Jack S*** instead of Jack Schmidt.