Ripping Retail Retro: 1975 Topps Mini baseball cards (And be sure to vote for next week’s rip!)

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he hosts Reed Kasaoka of Baseball Card Exchange (bbcexchange.com) for a retro pack break of 1975 Topps Mini baseball cards in this latest episode of Ripping Retail.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

What should they rip next week? Tell us below …

Ripping Retail Retro: What should next week's rip be?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Slamdaddy
    Posted Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at 06:07 PM | Permalink

Dang, thats all they had in Detroit when I was a kid, the 1975 mini’s. Had a box full of them. Traded them to the local toy store for a butt load of the topps gum. Bad move I guess.
    But hey, was only like 8 or 9 years old.

2. chris houser
    Posted Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at 08:29 PM | Permalink

so whats worth more the minis or the normal size?

3. chrisolds
    Posted Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at 08:33 PM | Permalink

If I remember right, the minis are typically valued at 1.5x the price of standards except on the key rookie cards, which are about the same as standards.

4. Rob
    Posted Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at 09:57 PM | Permalink

Awesome! Love the 75 mini’s! Had no idea that fella who was mentioned had a stockpile of these haha. Can’t wait for the next one! I would have ate the gum as a ha-ha moment as long as it was on video. Did that to an 87 pack and it was so awful.. But hillarious.

5. Jackie Martling
    Posted Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at 10:31 PM | Permalink

High risk, high reward….or worse.

6. Robert Braxton
    Posted Thursday March 8th, 2012 at 07:38 AM | Permalink

Rippin’ Retail with Reed … nice job.

7. CNR
    Posted Thursday March 8th, 2012 at 09:08 AM | Permalink

Check out packgeek.com for more vintage pack opening goodness

8. David Johnson
    Posted Thursday March 8th, 2012 at 09:49 AM | Permalink

This is great. I love seeing the vintage packs ripped.

9. Phil
    Posted Thursday March 8th, 2012 at 10:18 AM | Permalink

I’ve had good luck buying old packs on ebay…I decided I wanted a pack of everything baseball from 1974 to the present. I couldn’t help myself and decided to open them. I pulled a ’75 Bench, a ’78 Ryan Record Breaker and a ’79 Ozzie Smith Rookie Card. They were from different dealers.

10. chrisolds
    Posted Thursday March 8th, 2012 at 10:47 AM | Permalink

Phil: You’re braver than I am.

Robert: Ripping Retail *Retro* … with Reed.

11. Dan Anderson
    Posted Friday March 9th, 2012 at 08:34 PM | Permalink

How about 1989 Score baseball. Yes! 1989 Score baseball where there was a HUGE Print Run. Follow that with a 1991 Donruss Series I & II Rip!

Nice, inexpensive “Junk Wax” that is over 20 years old, but does not require a mortgage to buy! Still can find some nice rookie cards and stars!

Thank you!