Ripping Retail: Fairfield Collector’s Cache Box

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a Fairfield Collector’s Cache Box baseball card repack ($14.99, Target) in this latest edition of Ripping Retail.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 11:15 AM | Permalink

I picked one of these up on my lunch break after watching this video. I found two with the Flair jumbo boxloader on top. I picked one of them and hit a 3-color Chipper Jones PATCH. Insanely good deal considering I’m a fan of those plastic cases already. The other cards/packs/coins are just icing on the cake.

2. David Johnson
    Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 01:32 PM | Permalink

I’m going to have to stop at Target to see if they have any with the Flair jumbo box loaders in them, as I really like that set and at $15 each it could yield some nice hits.

3. Yankees4671
    Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 04:30 PM | Permalink

I had to pick one up at lunch too. Can’t wait to open it. Never would have considered it otherwise. Thanks Chris.

4. Andy Chiabotta
    Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 08:37 PM | Permalink

I am looking online at Target and can’t find them. Maybe I will have to head to the store.

5. chrisolds
    Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 09:04 PM | Permalink

Not sold online.

6. ed
    Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 10:19 PM | Permalink

Chris,

Always enjoy your ripps! You are right, you will not get rich with those re packed cards. The Jay Buhner card actually was one of the best cards you got.

7. kris
    Posted Saturday March 9th, 2013 at 08:17 AM | Permalink

to be honest, this rip was what collecting is all about. F-U-N. we forget about that these days with all the high end stuff. what an amazing assortment of different stuff. they actually did a great job with this repack. the only bad thing about this video was those darn coins making all that noise, although i wouldn’t mind some of them. i will remember this video because of that. great video, like to see more of these once in a while.

8. marc
    Posted Saturday March 9th, 2013 at 01:26 PM | Permalink

I think that “Big Show” Ordonez card was the tougher World Headquaters parallel edition. All in all, this vid inspired me to go track a box down. Looks fun!

9. David Johnson
    Posted Saturday March 9th, 2013 at 05:21 PM | Permalink

So I got 2 boxes and I think one was meant for Chris as it was loaded with Jose Canseco (including my favorite card of him shown pitching for the Rangers). Anyhow, in one box I got a Pedro Martinez jumbo jersey, and the other box yielded a Alex Rodriguez jumbo patch! It is really nice looking and definitely paid for the boxes. Thanks Chris for letting us know about these.

10. chrisolds
    Posted Saturday March 9th, 2013 at 05:36 PM | Permalink

I found a second one and got … A second Berkman jersey.

11. Gary Holley
    Posted Sunday March 10th, 2013 at 03:48 PM | Permalink

I to bought one of these–because of Chris–and it yielded a ADAM DUNN JUMBO PATCH JERSEY.
    The coins are auwsome–1 Griffey Jr, 1 Bonds, 3 Puckett and 4 Cal Ripken, Jr with about 100 more others !!
    The oldest card that I received was a 1969 Topps Gene Alley–nice assortment of other cards though.
    I did find the football version of this repack at a local Shopko store. Guarantees one auto and one game used–both very common players but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality (condition) of the older cards–sure some had the cliche “gum stains” but most were pretty clean and in EXC to Nmint conditon.
    Nothing high value but pulled Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders Topps rookies, a very clean Brian Bosworth 1988 Topps rookie and nice 1984 Cris Collinsworth Topps. Does remind you of the “OLD” days–before
    collecting new, high -end stuff required a loan or a mortgage !!

12. matt
    Posted Wednesday March 13th, 2013 at 12:46 PM | Permalink

I just got back from my local target and they had 3 of these cases all with the jumbo card on top. I picked the middle one and lucky me I got a DEREK JETER AUTO NUMBERED 28/50. The oldest card I pulled was a 1959 topps card was very pleased with the cards I got. Now can anybody tell me the value of my JETER AUTO.

13. Kazen