Ripping Retail: A 250-card Excell baseball repack

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a 205-card retail baseball card repack from Excell Marketing in this latest Ripping Retail video.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Posted Friday September 28th, 2012 at 07:23 AM | Permalink

Watching you rip that repack was exactly how i feel when my friends ask me to check their collection and give them a value. Yuck!

Having said that. I’ll be happy to take all the Topps commons off your hands to fill some holes.

2. Jim Jordan
    Posted Friday September 28th, 2012 at 08:35 AM | Permalink

You did better in yours, Chris, than I did in mine that I bought about a month ago. Hope the nose and foot get better-lol.

3. Posted Friday September 28th, 2012 at 10:28 AM | Permalink

Yikes, always wondered what was in there and my assumptions were correct.

I do have one great retail story for ya. June, 2012 i bought a blaster box of Topps Archives for my wife and she pulled an authentic buyback of a 1971 Topps Nolan Ryan. The condition could be better but it’s better than nothing.

Keep on posting the vids. They’re Tony the Tiger (meaning theyyyyyy’re great!)

4. Phil
    Posted Friday September 28th, 2012 at 10:30 AM | Permalink

“1986 Topps Vince Coleman…he hasn’t been relevant since…” 1985!!! I bought one of those a couple of months ago and got 2-1987 Topps Mattingly AS as well. Did get a 74T Dwight Evans, but in lesser condition.

5. ted lee
    Posted Friday September 28th, 2012 at 11:35 AM | Permalink

Just glad it was you who spent the money and not me.
    I do enjoy the box busters.

6. bill johnson
    Posted Friday September 28th, 2012 at 02:27 PM | Permalink

two of my favorite players, dwight gooden and frank thomas. ive never gotton anything good like your box chris. i didnt have that hal morris either. jose offerman. wow. how many collectors spent a small fortune on his cards back in the 90s. i do have a question. how many cards out of the box were keepers??? it looked like you were making 3 stacks.

7. Swingkat
    Posted Friday September 28th, 2012 at 11:01 PM | Permalink

Wow, your box was almost identical to mine. Wonder what the odds of the 100, 500, or 1,000 boxes is.

8. Mike
    Posted Saturday September 29th, 2012 at 08:19 AM | Permalink

Any of those going to be prizes in the customer appreciation contest?

kidding obviously