Ripping Retail: 2012 Topps Update baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds as he rips into 2012 Topps Update in this latest Ripping Retail video.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Jonathan Mills
    Posted Thursday October 4th, 2012 at 01:20 AM | Permalink

I always like to see your ripping retail videos just to see if you ever get anything. I rarely buy retail, but a few weeks ago I did buck that trend. I bought a box of 2007 artifacts from a retail store (it might have been an old hobby box). I was fortunate to get a Roger Clemens autograph (autofacts). It, by far, was my best pull ever from a retail store.

2. Michael Marrufo
    Posted Thursday October 4th, 2012 at 03:00 PM | Permalink

Hey Chris,

Is there a variation version of Card # US15 Justin Verlander AS if there is i think I might have it because the card of verlander that I pulled was way diffrent then the one you pulled in the video. The card that I have has Verlander,Firlder, Miguel Cabrera on it. Please let me know if it is a variation.

3. chrisolds
    Posted Thursday October 4th, 2012 at 03:22 PM | Permalink

Yep, that’s a variation card.

4. Phil
    Posted Thursday October 4th, 2012 at 04:18 PM | Permalink

Hi Chris,

What can you tell me about the Obama or Romney cards. I checked the Topps web site and could not find anything about it. On the backe of the card there is a code that you enter.

Thanks

5. Jason
    Posted Thursday October 4th, 2012 at 07:06 PM | Permalink

First time watching- loved the video!

6. Shad Stephens
    Posted Thursday October 4th, 2012 at 07:45 PM | Permalink

Romney and Obama both have 50 cards 1 for each state. Presidential Predictor cards will have a code on the back that can be entered online. Once the election is over, there will be a prize awarded to one winner for each state — a total of 50 prizes, a patch card of the next president, will be awarded.

7. Posted Thursday October 4th, 2012 at 11:58 PM | Permalink

Hey, Chris,

I always enjoy your ripping retail segments. I am 56 years old and have been collecting since 1963! I have over 9.8 million cards that have overtaken my house and storage units. My wife puts up with my great passion- card collecting!
    I am a teacher and have oftentimes taken my classes to Spring Training as a reward here in Arizona. I have some Reggie Jackson stories that will make your national experience seen trite, compared to what he has done to adoring students asking for a simple autograph.
    Please try to contact me if you have the time to touch base on my collection- Reggie- and Beckett opportunities.

Thanks again for all that you bring to the hobby!!
    Regards: