Ripping Retail: 2012 Topps Football

This season’s Topps Football flagship has showed up in retail a couple of days early. Check out this video of Beckett Football editor Susan Lulgjuraj opening several retail items.

Topps hits the street on Wednesday.

1. Adam
    Posted Monday August 6th, 2012 at 08:51 PM | Permalink

Finally someone other than Olds.

2. Shaun
    Posted Monday August 6th, 2012 at 09:24 PM | Permalink

Love the break! What else are you going to be posting?

3. Posted Monday August 6th, 2012 at 09:53 PM | Permalink

That’s not actually a Russell Wilson rookie card, It was in 2010 Bowman BASEBALL!

4. bill johnson
    Posted Monday August 6th, 2012 at 10:32 PM | Permalink

chris mustve been to upset from the reggie incident to do the ripping retail. hahaha just kidding chris. good job sus. i picked up a few rack packs as well and pull a camo colts team card serial numbered to 399. didnt pull a rgIII or luck. did pull the tall boy of cam newton. i think the tall boy inserts are gonna be a huge hit for topps in this product.

5. chrisolds
    Posted Monday August 6th, 2012 at 10:40 PM | Permalink

Bill: football and hockey are her domain, sir.

6. Susan Lulgjuraj
    Posted Monday August 6th, 2012 at 11:33 PM | Permalink

Shaun,

I’m going to be doing football and hockey. So, as long as I can find the items in retail stores, I’m going to pick some up.

7. afff
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 12:47 AM | Permalink

nice job on the break

8. John Sluyter
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 12:52 AM | Permalink

I really enjoyed the RIPPING RETAIL: 2012 TOPPS FOOTBALL segment/video. I hope this becomes a permanent feature here on the Beckett website. Thanks!

9. Matt Gilman
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 07:24 AM | Permalink

Nice rookie hits….so glad to see a Giants fan!!!! Go GMEN!! Now I will give you a big welcome Susan! Wanna send me some of those Giants lol.

10. Daniel Wilson
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 08:01 AM | Permalink

Great job Susan!!! Enjoyed your video, hope to see more of you (no offense Chris) :)

11. David Johnson
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 09:14 AM | Permalink

Nice RG3 pulls

12. Billy Whitaker
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 09:43 AM | Permalink

That is a Russell Wilson FOOTBALL rookie card and his only rookie card. He has PROSPECT cards in 2010 Bowman Draft, but no rookie cards. Maybe you should do your research before you post a comment. Susan awesome video, nothing like a beautiful woman opening cards, lol, that is amazing!!!!!

13. Susan Lulgjuraj
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 09:54 AM | Permalink

Billy, I think Chris was trying to be funny about the Russell Wilson card.

14. Billy Whitaker
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 11:50 AM | Permalink

Maybe, but here and ebay i have people that try to pass off prospect cards as rookie’s just to try to squeeze an extra dollar out of someone. I just recently got back into collecting when I found my childhood collect and it seems like its all about money, I mean $200 packs of cards, I just cant wrap my head around that. Sorry if I was to harsh.

15. deeez
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 12:15 PM | Permalink

agreed less olds
    more susan

16. chrisolds
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 12:31 PM | Permalink

Sorry Deez: You’re just going to have to deal with it.

17. Ryan Kalmoe
    Posted Tuesday August 7th, 2012 at 09:10 PM | Permalink

Susan,

Any chance you and Chris could do a Rippin’ Retail TOGETHER? Rippin’ Retail is my favorite segment from Beckett ever. You did a great job, by the way! Keep it up!

18. Dan C.
    Posted Wednesday August 8th, 2012 at 05:21 PM | Permalink

I say more ‘Olds! Though perhaps less retail and more going down to Nicks and seeing what people pull from boxes from a shop. It is nice to see some cards early on when retail drops early, though.