Ripping Retail: 2012 Topps Chrome baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a 2012 Topps Chrome blaster box in this latest episode of Ripping Retail.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

1. thelegendjerryrice
    Posted August 22, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Chrome has Hot Boxes as well.

2. Joe Reynolds
    Posted August 22, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

I bought a few packs of hobby today at my LHS and it seemed to be about average in comparison to your rip. Best card I got was a Joe Mauer…kind of depressing but it is still early…

Joe..

3. Aaron
    Posted August 22, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

Hey Chris – Great post as usual but a quick question for you. Is the Harper RC short print or easy to pull? I was going to buy a few hobby boxes in hopes of a Harper RC, but as you know, sometimes it’s easier, and cheaper, to go after the single card you want on Ebay.

Thanks!

Aaron

4. Adam Shoemaker
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 12:35 am | Permalink

I love seeing these Rippin’ Retail box breaks. Since they are about all I can afford right now, it gives me a good idea of what I’m getting into. This particular break wasn’t great, but it also wasn’t bad. PLZ keep posting these occassionally!

5. Jim Jordan
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 8:55 am | Permalink

I’ve been pulling a decent amount of rookies from retail so far. I’d say it was an average blaster box. I WANT YOUR JOB-lol!!!!! Looks like way too much fun!

6. Tyler
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I love Topps Chrome! It is the only product that I look forward to each year and rip ad nauseum. 2000 Topps Chrome was the first complete base set I put together and have subsequently put together every base set since. The thing I like about Topps Chrome is that it provides me with enough fodder in the way of parallels and non-base auto’s to trade or sell to complete my base sets. I get the thrill of ripping and the joy of finishing a set every year!

7. Nick
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

where can i buy these

8. Susan Lulgjuraj
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

You can find retail Chrome at Target, WalMart – many of the big box stores. Otherwise, local hobby shops or try different websites such as eBay or CheckOutMyCards.com