Rippin’ Retail: 2011 Topps Heritage Baseball

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds as he makes an adventure of going to Target to find baseball cards in this latest Rippin’ Retail video.

What else does he find during the adventure? Find out if you dare …

1. Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 12:58 PM | Permalink

I pulled some decent hits from my walmart rack packs

2. kris burak
    Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 01:03 PM | Permalink

I bought a blaster at target the other day and much to my surprise got a josh johson relic card in it. I think that is the first hit I have gotten in atleast 20 blasters.

3. chrisolds
    Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 01:13 PM | Permalink

The odds aren’t great in blasters this year but, really, the “hits” aren’t great in hobby either at one per.

So, for $100 you can have 40 packs of blasters or you can have basically 24 packs of hobby with a likely bat/jersey Relic.

That explains why I have gone with retail on this brand.

Ironically, I have done very well landing green variations out of retail (1:100+ packs). I have pulled I think 4-5 when statistically, I should have pulled one or none.

4. Zachary VanDeHey
    Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 01:42 PM | Permalink

Fun video, keep them coming man

5. chrisolds
    Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 01:45 PM | Permalink

It’s a lot faster to snap pics and tweet in the store than it is to edit pics into video in a timely fashion, but I’ll keep trying. Haha.

6. Randall Roberson
    Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 04:40 PM | Permalink

I had more luck with the hobby box, a jackie robinson half dollar, a relic and five chromes. The retail box was a bust with only two chromes.

7. Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 05:48 PM | Permalink

IT’S “TOLL – LE”

8. Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 06:04 PM | Permalink

I got a blaster from walmart (5th all together) and got a green tint, green chrome refractor, and a framed topps stamps card in the same box. A week before a black ref. from the same store.

A couple of years ago I got a duel auto redemption that was supposed to be hobby only.

2001 I could only find one Heritage blaster and got a Glavine Auto

But have only had this kind of luck from Heritage Blasters

9. Mark Howard
    Posted Monday April 4th, 2011 at 09:04 PM | Permalink

Still nada on the Cliff Lee #227- for those who may not have spied it, my copy of this card show his home listed as Benton, Arizona and should be Benton, Arkansas.

10. Matt Jett
    Posted Tuesday April 5th, 2011 at 03:37 AM | Permalink

I pulled the only auto I’ve ever pulled (haven’t been collecting long) out of a retail Heritage blaster. It was Dan Dobbek, a guy I’d never heard of who barely played, but I was still really excited.

11. Nick
    Posted Tuesday April 5th, 2011 at 11:11 AM | Permalink

great video

12. Randall Roberson
    Posted Tuesday April 5th, 2011 at 11:46 AM | Permalink

I can not find any cards at the target or wal-mart!

13. Posted Tuesday April 5th, 2011 at 11:49 AM | Permalink

customer cracked a box and got the hobby box HOT box with green chrome refractors in every pack! Also a real one auto came out. He was estatic! Listed the chromes on the bay and it paid for the box. Got $50.00 for the auto.

14. rich martin
    Posted Tuesday April 5th, 2011 at 02:56 PM | Permalink

What is the story on Heritage #24, Detroit team card? No value listed by Becketts on line. Is there something special about this card?

15. Dale Farkas
    Posted Tuesday April 5th, 2011 at 08:49 PM | Permalink

I bought a blaster at Walmart a few days ago. Pulled an Ernie Banks Auto Red Ink #20/62. I wasn’t planning on getting anything good, so I was surprised when I saw that card.

16. Mike S.
    Posted Thursday April 7th, 2011 at 12:51 PM | Permalink

Bought packs at Target and pulled a wonderful Whitey Ford Patch/CC Sabathia Jersey Clubhouse Collection dual card #’d to 62!

17. john drew
    Posted Friday January 20th, 2012 at 05:55 PM | Permalink

I am looking for a comprehensive list of all Clubhouse inserts for the 2011 Topps Heritage. I am aware that there are several variations for some of the cards ( ex. Albert Pujols, Red and White Jersey). Therefore, I know that there is more than fifty (50) cards. Can anyone give a definite number. Thanks

One Trackback

1. By Baseball Safety Rules That Should be Followed on Tuesday April 5th, 2011 at 08:51 AM

[…] Rippin' Retail: 2011 Topps Heritage Baseball | […]