Preview Gallery II: 2012 Topps Heritage Baseball

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

The arrival of this year’s Topps Heritage, is still about a week away,  but we noticed that you liked what you saw out of our last preview gallery (click here), so here are a few more images from our early retail box cracked without the cameras rolling.

After the jump, you can find an additional 16-card preview gallery of what we found … just some basic cards, notable names and quirky cards we didn’t show the last time around.

We’ll have more on Heritage when it hits and a Box Busters video here as soon as possible, too.

Click on the images (twice) for a larger and unobstructed look.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

1. Kevin
    Posted Tuesday March 6th, 2012 at 07:57 PM | Permalink

I still have yet to see a checklist on what is in the product, including any autographs. What I have seen are simply the same old topps photos with the 63 design on it. It seems like every year topps puts less and less effort into heritage. Maybe they know it will sell with long time
    heritage collectors, but it hasn’t. My card shop has had left overs for the past few years now.

If topps was hoping to bring some excitement to heritage through these two beckett posts, then they have missed the mark completely. Why would anyone buy a product that only delivers one game used card per box, when there are other products that deliver much more than that?

Where is the eye candy? Is it just not there? Is it all redemption? I am a long time heritage collector, someone please tell me why I should buy this stuff?

2. lima dave
    Posted Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at 04:59 AM | Permalink

i really love the look of these, but then again growing up i always loved the vintage topps stuff so how can you not love heritage, im really glad they kept the (floating head) multi rookie card.

3. chrisolds
    Posted Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at 02:10 PM | Permalink

Kevin: Topps did not make the photo selections in an effort to sell more product — I did … to show off some of the cards from a single retail box. That’s it. Eye candy will be found when there is a lot larger amount of product opened.

4. Posted Friday March 9th, 2012 at 02:38 AM | Permalink

Wow! I really dig this year’s Topps Heritage! I love the old school look! I started to collect cards again last year since my Giants won the World Series. When I was a kid, I went crazy in buying all sorts of packs. Now being an old 37 geezer, I want to stick to one set. My heart goes out to Topps Heritage truly the best…but man…expensive.

5. deez
    Posted Sunday March 11th, 2012 at 12:00 PM | Permalink

so if you opened an retail box already wheres the checklist of the autos?

6. chrisolds
    Posted Sunday March 11th, 2012 at 12:40 PM | Permalink

Do you get a checklist of every card in every box? I don’t …