Preview Gallery: 2013 Topps Heritage baseball cards

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

The official arrival of 2013 Topps Heritage is about a week away, but the images are tricking in as Topps teases what’s to come.

Here’s a selection of what’s been seen — so far — in a gallery of images that we’ll add to as the cards arrive. Once the product is live at retail, we’ll post a massive gallery of highlights and interesting cards from what we pull.

See it all … after the jump. (Click here for a look at the checklist.)      |    Click here to see the latest Heritage auctions on eBay.

Click here to see more from Heritage.   |    Click here to see the latest Heritage auctions on eBay.

1. kris
    Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 06:41 AM | Permalink

probably will get a hobby box of this

2. Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 11:31 AM | Permalink

Heritage is always awesome. Looking forward to ripping through some of these.

3. Rob B
    Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 12:08 PM | Permalink

Heritage was fun the first year or two..but has become pretty stale and boring since..

4. Matt K.
    Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 04:23 PM | Permalink

I’ll rip a few packs. If they bear fruits, I may continue!

5. Joe C.
    Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 10:24 PM | Permalink

Just don’t like nor get it with this product line. Cards look as lame as they did 50 years ago…..will still collect my Phillies though!

6. mark
    Posted Friday March 1st, 2013 at 10:22 PM | Permalink

yes….teddy roosevelt!

7. Bill
    Posted Monday March 4th, 2013 at 01:46 PM | Permalink

I bet Asdrubal Cabrera wishes they used a different picture.

8. weavahVBC
    Posted Monday March 4th, 2013 at 02:18 PM | Permalink

little disappointed that Youk’s card has a goatee…it might not have been easy to find a clean-shaven picture, but they exist.

9. DrMitchJ
    Posted Monday March 4th, 2013 at 02:39 PM | Permalink

Love the Heritage line. This year is one of my favorite designs. Pre-ordered a box, but will join you for the live break and live vicariously through you :) until I get mine shipped. Good Luck!!
    Dr Mitch J

10. rick
    Posted Monday March 4th, 2013 at 05:26 PM | Permalink

I have my three boxes pre-ordered and am excited! Love the two rookies on one TRUE rookie card.

11. RonJ
    Posted Monday March 4th, 2013 at 09:28 PM | Permalink

72 card images and not a single Albert Pujols. How far has this guys legacy fallen. Still a great player but no hobby love.

12. mlbscout
    Posted Tuesday March 5th, 2013 at 11:34 AM | Permalink

The original ’64 topps coins look awesome.

13. COLIN
    Posted Tuesday March 5th, 2013 at 06:27 PM | Permalink

this is garbage I was so looking forward to this set and seeing howmany close up face shots there are instead of action shots or poses just saved me about $110

14. Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 09:32 PM | Permalink

I remember opening up my FIRST baseball pack in the summer of 1964, and getting, of all people, Stu Barber. Nine million cards/49 years later, I am still enjoying the collecting each year, and looking at these Heritage 64’s brings me back to those simpler days!!

15. Matthew B.
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 11:29 PM | Permalink

Colin, there are many head shot images because a good amount of 1964 Topps images were head shots.

16. randy
    Posted Thursday April 4th, 2013 at 08:47 PM | Permalink

somehow I have retained an 1964 topps Aaron all-star coin.. Ex? thats right.. I have had this coin since than I was 8…Put a card around it and it is on a site for almost 500.00 …..Hmmmmmmm? Can any one comment?