Preview Gallery: 2012 Topps Opening Day

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

We got a chance to open some packs of 2012 Topps Opening Day baseball cards without the cameras rolling on Tuesday, well in advance of the arrival of the retail staple’s debut on March 7.

We’ll save the details for the Box Busters and more to come, though.

For now, check out some of the cards — inserts and notable uniform updates for a few players not seen in 2012 Topps Series 1 — that we found inside.

2012 Topps Opening Day

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Click on the images (twice) for a larger and unobstructed view.

1. RJ51
    Posted February 28, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

This set is complete garbage. I’d rather topps bring back Bazooka or Topps Kids!!! Who really wants yet another parallel of the topps base set which SHOULD be the cheap one of the year.

2. wikipediablackout
    Posted February 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

I absolutely hate photoshopped cards! You’re better than that Topps!

3. chrisolds
    Posted February 28, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Did you notice how many there were in this selection?

4. Randy Johnson
    Posted February 28, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

Chris, PLEASE tell me there’s a Prince Fielder Tigers card … I don’t want to wait for Series 2 or the update set …

5. joe
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 12:29 am | Permalink

This product is just as bad as Upper Decks Collectors Choice. I hope this product goes away just like that one did.

6. mark
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 1:22 am | Permalink

affordable for kids yes….eye appeal for adults, no. I like how they have the new uni’s but dont like the photoshopping. I’ll probably grab a box for $15-$20 for IP/TTM of guys in new jerseys

7. Todd Warden
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 9:01 am | Permalink

I’ll probably pass on these for the most part, the one exception being the mascot cards. I will have to order a set of those when I get a chance. I know this is the only product that mascot cards wouldn’t be complained about, but I wish they had the foil stamping like the regular Topps set.

8. Joe Cheesman
    Posted February 29, 2012 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Love the mascots……Topps, put them in the regular base set! I don’t need Opening Day but may grab a box or 2 for short prints & give the remainder to my nephews.

9. jerry
    Posted March 6, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

picked up a few packs for the kids…..first pack opened had carlos lee with no number on back…i assuming an error

One Trackback