Panini Silhouettes are signed, sealed … and set to be delivered

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+1Share on Reddit0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Email this to someone

By Chris Olds | Beckett Basketball Editor

Panini America‘s first NBA product of the 2011-12 card season is nearing completion — and one of the most important stages for one card type to be found has been completed.

The autographs — rather, the on-card autographs — and they can be found in 2011 Preferred.

One of the high-end product’s sets, Silhouettes, carry rather striking signed prime patch cards and they are one of the sets found in the product, which is comprised of cards echoing three past products in the company’s portfolio — Panini’s Choice (a nod to Cramer’s Choice from the Pacific days), Crown Royale Silhouettes and Donruss Signatures. In fact, it’s a “three-brand” product without “base” cards at all as every card in the set is autographed except for a selection of booklet cards.

Now set to arrive on March 21, this $200-per-pack product will include three autographed cards and one six- or eight-piece booklet card in every pack.

All autographs will be limited to 99 or fewer copies.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Basketball magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

1. Ed007
    Posted Tuesday February 7th, 2012 at 06:58 PM | Permalink

Yowzaaaa! ….. Now you’re talkin! …. Me like! ….. Don’t turn on the red light Roxanne!

A set challenge? hummmmmm?

2. Posted Tuesday February 7th, 2012 at 10:19 PM | Permalink

Might have to keep my eye on that Bailey Howell in case any affordable ones pop up for my Celtics retired number autograph collection.

3. Kurry Ferguson
    Posted Wednesday February 8th, 2012 at 12:59 AM | Permalink

I know this may sound dumb but I have been out of collecting for a LONG-LONG-LONG time and have recently got back into buying a box here and there. I prefer football and more specifically, ANY players from AUBURN or that other team in Tuscaloosa.
    I have very limited, very occasional access to BULLS players. I first and foremost dont want to risk my job for an autograph and have no interest in reselling these items, I just think it would be cool to have and occasionally show them to friends.
    How should I approach this situation, without comprimising the customer/client relationship?
    I really do not want to do anything detremential to my company, and there is a company policy against asking for/and or accepting gratuites, but is an auto really a that?

4. Folkert Leffring
    Posted Wednesday February 8th, 2012 at 07:38 AM | Permalink

WOW, I’m a get me a few of these!

5. Richard
    Posted Wednesday February 8th, 2012 at 12:08 PM | Permalink

Kurry, do yourself a favor and leave it be. Ask for nothing.
    Just be cool and if a friendship happens to form, then you have a great new friend, right?
    If you want to show off to your friends, find out if your company would be cool with you getting
    a cell phone photo with the player and abide by what they tell you. If they are cool with it,
    only ask when it will not inconvenience the players

Just remember, players are people too and likely get bugged for stuff a lot.

A job you enjoy is very tough to replace, especially right now, so keep that in mind.

6. ddizzal
    Posted Wednesday February 8th, 2012 at 04:18 PM | Permalink

nice cards for sure

7. arod1973
    Posted Thursday February 9th, 2012 at 11:37 AM | Permalink

I would love to get my hands on that D-Rose and Kevin Love…