Panini readies high-end cut autograph product

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Panini America‘s Americana line has been a hit-per-pack product before — but with this new line its apparent goal is to be a cut above the rest.

And that happens with a cut in every single pack.

Arriving in late-December will be 2011 Donruss Limited Cuts, a multi-sport and non-sport product that includes more than 140 deceased baseball Hall of Famers as well as notable names from politics, pop culture and other sports. All cards will be numbered to 49 or less with more than 200 cards on the checklist limited to 15 or fewer copies, according to the company.

There will be booklet cards, dual and quad autograph cards as well as team-focused cut cards for some of the most memorable baseball squads from the past. Among them will be a 1/1 quad autograph for the 1919 Black Sox scandal — a Eddie Cicotte, Chick Gandel, Charles Comiskey and Kenesaw Mountain Landis.

Among the baseball signers for the product will be Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig, Cy Young, Jackie Robinson, Walter Johnson and Honus Wagner to name a few.

1. Nestor Cortes
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 01:34 PM | Permalink

wow can wait to get my had at least one pack and try my luck. Do you know the price range of these packs?

2. chrisolds
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 02:01 PM | Permalink

I am told that Panini America is no longer issuing suggested retail prices for its products.

3. Jon Chuckery
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 02:07 PM | Permalink

Sounds like one of those…”if you have to ask you cant afford it” type of boxes…I’m sure the price tag for a box will be about some people’s monthly car payment

4. Mike
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 02:57 PM | Permalink

Ill assume itll be 200-250 a pack, just like sp legendary cuts was this yr.

5. danny
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 03:32 PM | Permalink

yeah
    another company
    another cut based product

6. Andrew
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 04:03 PM | Permalink

I want that Walter Lanz one! Auto AND a sketch of Woody. Awesome.

7. Andrew
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 04:04 PM | Permalink

Er, Lantz, not Lanz

8. Nathan Crandell
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 10:19 PM | Permalink

I am agreeance Andrew, I was casually excited about the displayed autos, but when I saw the one of Walter Lantz (initially I had no idea who he was) until I saw the woody sketch. It is Awesome.

9. steve
    Posted Monday October 17th, 2011 at 11:27 PM | Permalink

and………..are we sure that any of the deceased presidents were signed by the actual presidents & not their press sectataries, etc. ??

10. Rich & Dangerous
    Posted Tuesday October 18th, 2011 at 11:05 AM | Permalink

generic design. i would expect this from sportkings but not panini

11. Richard
    Posted Tuesday October 18th, 2011 at 11:11 AM | Permalink

Cool stuff. I’m far more likely to just buy the ones I need vs opening product.
    Most of them will be available for a fraction of what product costs, though
    obviously the ones shown here will not be among that group.
    (Well, maybe the dizzy and daffy will be.)

The cost of the Roddenberry will be out of this world.
    (Sorry, could not resist).

12. kevin
    Posted Thursday October 20th, 2011 at 05:06 PM | Permalink

just plain ugly would not waste my money on these.

One Trackback

1. By 2011 Donruss Limited Cuts - Blowout Cards Forums on Tuesday October 18th, 2011 at 09:05 AM

[…] of Beckett Media) Panini readies high-end cut autograph product Author: chrisolds By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor Panini America‘s Americana line […]