Leaf’s Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home

A one-of-a kind “Shoeless” Joe Jackson card was given away by Leaf at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago.

You’ve read the story … now see it happen.

1. noille
    Posted Tuesday August 9th, 2011 at 08:06 AM | Permalink

Kind of hard to believe that they only are valuing it at 80k..

2. brandon
    Posted Tuesday August 9th, 2011 at 12:16 PM | Permalink

Wasn’t Shoeless Joe illiterate?

3. Posted Tuesday August 9th, 2011 at 02:29 PM | Permalink

Only 1 of the 3 redemptions were found? In a product that’s been out for almost a year? Mr. Gray has to be disappointed.

4. Sesameest4Life
    Posted Tuesday August 9th, 2011 at 04:30 PM | Permalink

I personally find it “off” that he keeps exclaiming he’s won $80,000 when what he has is a card that they are saying might be worth that, really the purpose behind the hobby should be pulling that rare card and he should be exclaiming “You’ve got a Joe Jackson auto! A Joe Jackson Auto!” Or give the dude $80,000 and put it in a pack of Leaf cards again ha ha.

From mod: That might relate to the money it took him to acquire the cut at last year’s National — not sure.

5. JonathanI
    Posted Tuesday August 9th, 2011 at 04:36 PM | Permalink

If the card found my home and I was reporting it on my taxes, I would be glad they did not value it higher than 80K.

6. Richard
    Posted Tuesday August 9th, 2011 at 05:29 PM | Permalink

I don’t think you need report on your taxes until you actually sell it.
    The value on these items are very fluid and speculative. I mean, if we had to track
    the value of every pack opened to counter the value of every card pulled it would
    be a hobby only someone with OCD could love.

That and the fact if we really thought about how much money has been flushed
    down the toilet trying to complete a set we might have 2nd thoughts about staying
    in the hobby.

In any case, its going to auction which is exactly what I would do with it.
    For the money you could have lots of autographs that you will likely feel you are
    more comfortable in believing were actually signed by who you think signed it.

7. cincy Scott
    Posted Thursday August 11th, 2011 at 05:34 PM | Permalink

Wow might as well have slot machines in the back ground

8. chrisolds
    Posted Sunday August 14th, 2011 at 10:46 AM | Permalink

Some people tend to play that side up a bit. I will say I noticed it a bit, myself, and it’s not a good thing to me. Others might not have had that same reaction.

2 Trackbacks

1. By Anonymous on Tuesday August 9th, 2011 at 05:04 AM

[…] Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home Leaf’s Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home | __________________ Shop for Sports Cards and Trading […]

2. By Oval Office Box Question.... - Page 2 - Blowout Cards Forums on Monday February 27th, 2012 at 10:49 AM

[…] leaf not inserting cards… i just added the checklist up and it does come out to 261, also… Beckett News Leaf’s Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home why even put that in if there was only 2 people opening those 4 packs. __________________ […]