If you’re a SuperCollector, we want your story!

Update: CLICK HERE FOR THE UPDATED STEPS ON HOW TO PREPARE YOUR SUBMISSION

Summer 2012 update: All collectors who submit information between now and July 15 will be entered in a drawing for a Mike Trout autographed baseball and a hefty six-autograph card seen here. Follow the instructions and submit your stats and story today! (Click on the page above to read the sample submission.)

By Chris Olds | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor

We’re going to dedicate an issue of Beckett Sports Card Monthly to SuperCollectors this summer and we want to see your collections.

We’ll pick the most interesting and most outrageous collections for that issue of the magazine, but first we need to hear about your stash. Some will make the special issue, while others will appear in the magazines leading up to that issue. (We run SuperCollectors every month.)

You don’t have to have the most-expensive collection on the block but it needs to be unique — downright crazy — in some way that it stands out.

Here are your instructions …

Send in an email to BeckettSuperCollector@gmail.com the following information:

Update: CLICK HERE FOR THE UPDATED STEPS ON HOW TO PREPARE YOUR SUBMISSION

1. Name, age, your email address, your location (city, state) and who/what you collect.

2. Statistics about your collection (total cards, number of 1/1s, number of autographs, number of game-used cards or items, etc.)

3. Tell us why you should be picked. Sell us on what makes your collection the best — and how/why it started.

4. Send us LINKS to images that we can examine or use with your item — including one showing you with your collection. (Bad images won’t help your case … and 900 MB attachments won’t either!)

5. Be patient. We WILL be in touch if you are selected or we need more information. If you sent info in the past, it’s likely outdated by now — so update it and send it again!

6. Act fast … we want YOUR info NOW!

Above is a sample of a SuperCollector who recently appeared in the magazine. See what information he presented if you’re struggling. (Click for a closer look if you need it.)

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Sports Card Monthly magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

1. Posted March 15, 2012 at 8:15 am | Permalink

Well my collection is far from crazy, but I love to collect and show off! I collect Oswalt and I have dedicated a lot of time to developing my site. Please spend a few minutes checking it out.

2. Posted March 15, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Chris, are those of us who have been lucky enough to have already been featured as a Super Collector allowed to re-submit?

3. Posted March 17, 2012 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Just to clarify, that last comment was meant for Chris Olds, not the first guy who posted…

4. chrisolds
    Posted March 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Probably not much point unless there’s a DRAMATIC uptick in everything.

5. Drew
    Posted May 29, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

I was featured in the Hockey Beckett October/November 2010 issue for my Anze Kopitar collection which had 95 cards at the time. Now I have about 283 cards which is close to triple and have added major 1/1’s, autos, patches etc. Considering the Kings are in the Finals, is it worth re-submitting my collection?

6. chrisolds
    Posted May 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

You will be considered if you submit your info.

7. Drew
    Posted May 29, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Okay. What’s the deadline? I got to take a new pic with my collection.

8. chrisolds
    Posted May 31, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Please send in your SuperCollector information by July 1.

9. Posted June 1, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

I am happy to see a thread on Super Collectors. I have to get some updated numbers & pictures before I can send a submission.

I collect Jordan Farmar. It has become very difficult to find cards that I do not already have.

Missing 3 “letter” cards from SPA 2008-09 Varsity “CITYNAME” autograph cards. Two are 1/1 & the third print run is /3. I will give a finder’s fee for anybody that can assist in locating & helping me obtain the 3 missing cards. Does not include Beckett Media, Ebay, or COMC, since I check those sites daily.

I have 240+ different cards (320 total cards). I do have to add a few more to my Beckett Organization & verify that I have them listed. Will get updated figures this coming week. Can’t wait to see everybody’s collections.

My collection can be seen at http://photobucket.com/farmar

10. thelegendjerryrice
    Posted June 2, 2012 at 4:42 am | Permalink

Challenge…………. ( wait for it) Excepted………

Been waiting on one for Football :D

11. Kevin
    Posted June 2, 2012 at 11:03 am | Permalink

ill submit mine, will put together a nice description. Need to get some love for the Redskins!!!

12. bdubs3316
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

I guess I’ll resubmit my Matthew Stafford PC…we’ll see if it gets selected though.

13. Matt Buckley
    Posted June 25, 2012 at 7:09 am | Permalink

Chris, I submitted my collection last night to readersrock@beckett.com. I don’t know if it is anywhere near worthy, but here are some brief stats:

2 Logomen
    29 Jeresy Numbered Cards
    31 Autos
    41 1/1s
    154 Patches. 96 different
    Hundreds upon hundreds of game used cards
    5000+ total cards
    Autographed Ball
    Autographed Photo

Link to my album of rarer/high end cards:

14. Posted July 15, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I want to submit my collection

I have nearly 80% of the non 1/1 cards for keary colbert

15. chrisolds
    Posted July 15, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Chad: Please follow the directions found here; http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/06/are-you-a-supercollector-we-want-your-info/

16. shawn
    Posted July 16, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

hey J.R. saw you collect matt ware. i played on that long beach poly team that beat him haha!

17. Bobby Currier