First Look: 2012 Topps Heritage High Number

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

If you wanted more Topps Heritage, you’re getting Topps Heritage — and it’s coming in just 15 days.

Topps announced Tuesday that it will release a 100-card 2012 Topps Heritage High Number boxed set exclusively via ShopTopps.com.

The set will include the players who missed the checklist for the early season release — Washington Nationals rookie Bryce Harper for starters — and every set will include one on-card autograph. It also will include another of Ichiro Suzuki‘s first cards as a member of the New York Yankees.

Among the rookies slated to sign for the release include Harper, Oakland’s Yoenis Cespedes, Texas ace Yu Darvish and Boston’s Will Middlebrooks among others.

The release is the second online-only exclusive this year as it released 2012 Topps Mini — a shrunken version of its flagship set — in August.

Heritage High Number will arrive on Oct. 17.

1. deeez
    Posted Tuesday October 2nd, 2012 at 06:30 PM | Permalink

is there a checklist for the autos ?
    and any idea on srp?

2. chrisolds
    Posted Tuesday October 2nd, 2012 at 06:32 PM | Permalink

I’ll probably have additional info on this one later this week.

3. lefou66
    Posted Tuesday October 2nd, 2012 at 07:11 PM | Permalink

Nice..cant wait to buy one.So the only place we can buy this is on topps.com???Do you know if Canadian collectors will be able to buy that?

4. Mitchell McGuire
    Posted Tuesday October 2nd, 2012 at 07:45 PM | Permalink

I suggested this on Twitter a few months ago. Wheather I did or not, I am going to assume I played a key role in this becoming a reality. lol.

5. Rob mazetta
    Posted Tuesday October 2nd, 2012 at 08:24 PM | Permalink

Oh wow.. thats awesome! I ony have a few more SP’s left so this is definatly tempting. I wonder this: Will it be card # 501-600? Also i’m assuming the set is already wrapped up and such. Can’t wait for more on this. Wonder how bad my wallet will hate me…

6. RJ
    Posted Tuesday October 2nd, 2012 at 09:53 PM | Permalink

How much is it? I love it … reminds me of the days when the update set came in a little box …

7. JR
    Posted Wednesday October 3rd, 2012 at 06:32 AM | Permalink

Will there be a limit on how many a person can buy and what is the price per set

8. chrisolds
    Posted Wednesday October 3rd, 2012 at 11:19 AM | Permalink

I’ll have more details on this one this week.

9. JR
    Posted Wednesday October 10th, 2012 at 07:34 AM | Permalink

Chris
    any news on the release and cost

10. Posted Friday October 12th, 2012 at 04:04 PM | Permalink

Agree with JR, any more details, Chris?
    Thanks!

11. mobster
    Posted Tuesday October 16th, 2012 at 02:17 AM | Permalink

Any new info on this? Comes out tomorrow.

12. JR
    Posted Tuesday October 16th, 2012 at 05:27 PM | Permalink

Chris
    any news on the Heritage High Number set and what it will cost. News break was over 14 days ago.
    thanks

13. lefou66
    Posted Tuesday October 16th, 2012 at 05:32 PM | Permalink

Cant see anything yet on topps.com

14. chrisolds
    Posted Tuesday October 16th, 2012 at 05:35 PM | Permalink

They had intended to give me more info that week. Apparently, not the case just yet.

15. JR
    Posted Wednesday October 17th, 2012 at 02:17 PM | Permalink

FYI
    I called Topps today and was told that the set is going to be delayed until early November at best. They are waiting on autographs. I also asked how much the set would be and was told that the price has not be set yet.