First look: 2012-13 Prestige basketball

By Chris Olds | Beckett Basketball Editor

Panini America offered the first glimpses at 2012-13 Prestige on Tuesday, the second release of the post-lockout era and the second release that will include a double-dose of NBA rookies.

The product will include 100 Rookie Cards — members of last year’s NBA Draft class as well as this year’s — when it arrives in August.

Rookie Cards will be found in every pack with three autographs and one memorabilia card in every 24-pack hobby box.

New inclusions will be Distinctive Ink and Old School Autographs — both autographed sets with on-card sigs — as well as the standard Inside the Numbers, Prestigious Pros and True Colors inserts.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Basketball magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

1. XstreamINsanity
    Posted Tuesday June 5th, 2012 at 01:49 PM | Permalink

I’m really liking the look of the set.

2. RJ34
    Posted Tuesday June 5th, 2012 at 05:08 PM | Permalink

Will Kyrie Irving’s official first rookie card be the VIP handout from last year still?

3. chrisolds
    Posted Tuesday June 5th, 2012 at 05:24 PM | Permalink

It’s not an RC because it wasn’t distributed in a packed out product and isn’t part of a comprehensive set.

4. RJ
    Posted Tuesday June 5th, 2012 at 06:32 PM | Permalink

That Kyrie Irving card would have been awesome to pull out of 2011-12 Prestige. Oh, wait …

5. Ryan
    Posted Tuesday June 5th, 2012 at 07:17 PM | Permalink

Chris Olds – I tweeted you and Beckett Media today; trying to get some help loading to the show calendar part of the website. Who can I contact for help on this?

6. chrisolds
    Posted Tuesday June 5th, 2012 at 08:42 PM | Permalink

Show calendar?

If you have a question not at that link, try and tell him I sent you. I’m not sure — but he should know who handles it.

7. Ryan
    Posted Wednesday June 6th, 2012 at 08:00 AM | Permalink

Yes – that’s the one. When I try to add a new event I’m getting an error. Tried calling Beckett yesterday and talked to 3 people who couldn’t help me, so I thought I would message you to see who I truly needed to talk to. Gotta get the two shows I promote on there to get some customers for my new store!!! Thanks Chris