By Andrew Tolentino | Hockey Editor
Busy primping its pinnacle 2010-11 product (Dominion), Panini America managed to deliver details about its actual Pinnacle brand.
The manufacturer previewed 2011-12 Pinnacle, noting that “the longstanding staple will pack several new enhancements when it release[s] to the hobby.” In addition to the staples that make the staple, the forthcoming release will also include an Ice Breakers Rookie Card aesthetic with a Nufex twist, six-piece memorabilia cards dubbed “Starting 6 Threads” and rare-how-rare?-one-per-case-rare Pinnacle Black hits.
Each box of Panini’s sophomore-year Pinnacle product will yield:
- Four Ice Breakers Rookie Cards
- One Home Game Materials memorabilia card
- One Pinnacle Threads memorabilia card
- Two Tough Times inserts
- Three Breakthroughs inserts
- One Rink Collection parallel
Ice Breakers, Tough Times and Fans of the Game cards all fall in autograph form, and are critical components to the following Pinnacle case odds:
- Six Team Pinnacle cards
- Six Canvas Creations
- Three prime memorabilia cards
- Two Pinnacle Revolution inserts
- Three Pinnacle Captains cards
- Four Ice Breakers autographs
- One Home Game Signatures autograph
- One (hard-signed) Tough Times autograph
- Two (hard-signed) Private Signings autographs
- One Fans of the Game autograph
This time around for Fans of the Game cards, Panini has apparently traded teen heartthrob Justin Bieber for Alyssa Milano, Jamie Pressley, and used-to-be-teen-heartthrobs the Hanson Brothers.
2011-12 Pinnacle MMMDrops on hobby shelves in late November. Stay tuned to Beckett.com for further details.