First look: 2010 Topps baseball cards

Base3CRFPujols

Topps unveiled its 2010 baseball design on Wednesday… soak it up.

It’s a design slightly reminiscent of the company’s 2002 Post cards, but with more photo bleed space at the bottom and what looks to be a slightly more prominent team logo and foil stamping.

Look for additional information on the first officially licensed baseball product of 2010 very, very soon.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball and Beckett Graded Card Investor. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an e-mail to him at colds@beckett.com.

1. Anonymous
    Posted Wednesday September 30th, 2009 at 02:23 PM | Permalink

Yikes!

2. Anonymous
    Posted Wednesday September 30th, 2009 at 02:43 PM | Permalink

Hideous. Way too much going on with the “logo”. Overboard color. And anytime a player is “looking” to the left side of the card (as with the example), they appear to be looking at a wall. This is not good. Especially since it’s the ‘only’ mainstream set this year….

3. chrisolds
    Posted Wednesday September 30th, 2009 at 02:45 PM | Permalink

(I prefer my walls to be on the right.)

4. Posted Thursday October 1st, 2009 at 02:19 AM | Permalink

I like that design a lot. Freshing. Hope it’s not weighed down by excessive foil though.

5. marco
    Posted Thursday October 1st, 2009 at 05:27 AM | Permalink

yuk

6. Bernard
    Posted Friday October 9th, 2009 at 02:46 PM | Permalink

I like it!

7. Anonymous
    Posted Saturday October 17th, 2009 at 01:34 PM | Permalink

I really like the look of this baseball card. I will buy myself the whole set.

One Trackback

1. By 2010 topps - Blowout Cards Forums on Thursday October 1st, 2009 at 05:14 AM

[…] […]