Collect Call: Talking with a serious Michael Jordan collector

Join Beckett Media’s Tracy Hackler as he talks to Lou Costabile, a serious collector of rare Michael Jordan basketball cards in this edition of Collect Call.

1. Dennis
    Posted Thursday July 29th, 2010 at 11:35 AM | Permalink

I happen to know Lou and have had the privilege of seeing the collection. It is evident that he enjoys collecting quality “Air” cards. It was a joy to listen to this interview and get more insight into what motivates him. I find it hard to believe that there would be no other Jordan collectors out there who wouldn’t love to have a solid reference book on quality investment level cards. I just might even buy a copy even though I am not a collector.

2. Ken
    Posted Thursday July 29th, 2010 at 11:54 AM | Permalink

Really enjoyed listening in on that interview, Lou sounds like a cool guy. As a matter of course, I dabble in Jordan collection, and I think it’s cool how precise he is in his ‘pursuit of collection’.

3. Chuck
    Posted Friday July 30th, 2010 at 02:26 PM | Permalink

Does anyone know what Beckett Magazine the pictures of Lou and his collection seen in the video are from? I bought the July/August Basketball and all that they show are the 12 Jordans he selected for the article.

4. chrisolds
    Posted Friday July 30th, 2010 at 02:51 PM | Permalink

It’s from our Michael Jordan tribute issue that came out about a year ago. It might be available at

5. Chuck
    Posted Friday July 30th, 2010 at 03:35 PM | Permalink

Thanks Chris!!

6. Posted Monday April 9th, 2012 at 08:32 PM | Permalink

I have a 28″ x 6′ standup cardboard promo poster of Michael Jordan that was part of a Cologne department display at Younkers department store some 13 years ago. I’m trying to find someone who can tell me what it might be worth. Anyone interested can contact me at the above e-mail address. Thanks for your help.

7. Travis Metcalf
    Posted Tuesday November 20th, 2012 at 03:50 PM | Permalink

I have a Michael Jordan plaque it is #1 of 5000 it is a king of the courts plaque. Actually it is a card in a card case mounted on a plaque. I would like to know if u have seen any of these or what it may b worth?

8. Vanessa
    Posted Friday April 19th, 2013 at 12:02 PM | Permalink

I have a 1997 autographed Michael Jordan transparent card with certificate of limitation and authenticity I am trying to sell.

9. Lenny
    Posted Saturday October 12th, 2013 at 03:29 PM | Permalink

Hi, I have a 95/96 season Autographed Team Picture, that by all my research, this is the only one that is autographed by the whole Chicago Bulls Team. Email me for pictures if interested thanks.