Card Gallery: 2012 Panini National Treasures

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

They say a picture’s worth a thousand words, so we’re not sure how much needs to be said about the arrival of 2012 Panini National Treasures earlier today.

Why’s that? Because this small selection of images of cards pulled by collectors says plenty … after the jump.

1. zotster
    Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 09:05 PM | Permalink

I see a lot of plain, one-color pieces of stuff … and no logos. Not on my want list.

2. John
    Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 10:52 PM | Permalink

As an Ozzie Smith collector, I can’t wait to try to grab his cards for my collection!

3. Posted Wednesday February 27th, 2013 at 11:33 PM | Permalink

Just pulled the Ty Cobb cut signature #1/1 book. awesome!

4. Tom
    Posted Thursday February 28th, 2013 at 07:47 AM | Permalink

Seems the luster of Nat treasures is running thin.
    Without a MLB liscence you can see how plain this looks. I’m wondering why they Had to put this out now.
    I think in time Panini could have a true Mlb lIscence then you might get a better overall product.
    We are living in a different hobby than we used to be in say 10 yrs ago and we can thank YOUTUBE and Casebreakers . I for one don’t remeber people breaking cases or individuals being able to buy this way without a dealers liscence. What you get is dumping of hi end products and the need for Hi-end.
    If there is a market for these hi end product the card companies will make them for better or worse.
    my opinion for worse.

5. rick
    Posted Thursday February 28th, 2013 at 08:29 AM | Permalink

No license, no logos, NO THANKS.

6. Matt K.
    Posted Thursday February 28th, 2013 at 09:51 AM | Permalink

They look nice, but will the value be there for the price…

7. ALL
    Posted Thursday February 28th, 2013 at 10:37 AM | Permalink

I like how people post comments about the popularity of a product but do not have any facts on hand. (See Tom’s Post). This product provides cards that no other manufacturer can provide at this time. This is the lure of the product whether they can show a team logo or not. The License=Logo, they are essentially one and the same. The logo is the only complaint I have seen on this product other than the usual value question that comes with EVERY single product that comes out.

8. Joe
    Posted Thursday February 28th, 2013 at 03:11 PM | Permalink

To me the lack of team logos is not the issue. It’s the price. Whether you pull that Trout auto button or the Jckie Robinson single colored jersey from this product or from a cheaper product you are going to get just about the same $$ for it. These card companies want us to believe that these cards are worth more because they are specially made and they come out of an expensive pack. Not true. If they want these types of products to truely be exclusive and worth the pack price, then the big ticket items like the Ty Cobb cut auto, the Walter Johnson ball or multi-colored patch/logos autograph should only be in these high end products.That would make this product unique and different then the cheaper products.. Instead, you get a chance to pull these types of cards from just about every product This is just my opinion on why I would not buy this type of product