Box Busters Warmup: 2011 Bowman Platinum

Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds picked up a box of 2011 Bowman Platinum on Wednesday, its street date, in advance of our Box Busters episode to come.

What will he find inside? Will he land a Bryce Harper?

Watch and find out.

1. Matthew Meyer
    Posted Thursday July 28th, 2011 at 05:29 AM | Permalink

Harper is going to be a tougher pull this time around compared to the Bowman. You only get 1 prospect per pack (20 in a box). So you only have a 1 in 5 box chance.

2. chrisolds
    Posted Thursday July 28th, 2011 at 09:08 AM | Permalink

Ah, man… I figured it was a conspiracy!

3. Richard
    Posted Thursday July 28th, 2011 at 10:31 AM | Permalink

Someone did manage to sell a redemption for $999, or at least there is a closed auction.
    Price then drops for some #’d parallels, and the redemption cards too.
    Looks to be settling around $300 or so, though I expect it will be lower relatively soon
    since he is not getting called up this year. Figure around $200 like Strasberg was, maybe
    a bit higher since this is on card.

4. Jason B.
    Posted Thursday July 28th, 2011 at 01:59 PM | Permalink

I’ll take that Chapman gold and those Reds! I got some A’s. I could let go.

5. Matthew Meyer
    Posted Thursday July 28th, 2011 at 04:31 PM | Permalink

Yeah it looks like the redemptions are settling in at $350 and the in-hand autos are around $400-450.

6. danny
    Posted Thursday July 28th, 2011 at 05:44 PM | Permalink

why no mention of the changes to the autograph checklist

7. chrisolds
    Posted Thursday July 28th, 2011 at 07:19 PM | Permalink

Because what you saw there was me seeing it all for the first time. I didn’t really look at checklists as I opened.

I contacted Topps for comment today — some specific questions about scenarios that might have prompted changes — but have not heard back. (And probably won’t.)

I’m betting that orders were lower than expected so stuff was taken out, but that’s purely a guess.

8. moises
    Posted Friday July 29th, 2011 at 06:46 PM | Permalink

yeah i got no great hits out of my box got anderson feliz auto,leon landry auto,leo nunez auto bat relic- no harper best thing i got was a gold strasburg oh well

9. s kashner
    Posted Saturday July 30th, 2011 at 07:05 PM | Permalink

when will topps make a product that you can talk posivite about? how about some competition someday (panini). you can only keep getting kicked in the head so many times before you say no more.

10. Mariners 4 Life
    Posted Sunday July 31st, 2011 at 06:50 PM | Permalink

WOW looks like every box I open up!!!

11. Nathan Crandell
    Posted Monday August 1st, 2011 at 01:33 PM | Permalink

I bought a rack pack from Target, with the special purple inserts, and would you know it an autograph prospect and a purple Bryce Harper, I would say I definitely got my money back on that combo. All-in-all I love Bowman Platinum this year, very crisp and cool look.

12. Deacon
    Posted Monday November 21st, 2011 at 06:44 PM | Permalink

Personally, I really like this product this year. I bought a couple blasters, then bought a couple hobby boxes, and then ended up getting a few more blasters. I just put together a couple base sets. And I think I might be able to put together the prospect set of 100. I think that would be pretty cool. Well, I’ll probably be a couple short and have to search the “Bay,” but that’s no big deal; it’s part of the fun. Anyway, I think this product of one of Topp’s best this year. Some of their other stuff, I have not been too impressed with, especially for the price. Anyway, there is my $0.02.