Box Busters Preview: 2012 Panini Cooperstown

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a box of 2012 Cooperstown baseball cards from Panini America in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will he find inside besides an extra autograph? Watch and find out …

1. joe
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 12:48 AM | Permalink

I’ve been on the fence regarding collecting. I haven’t purchased cards in over 2 months. After opening this crap I may not open for another 2 months. When I saw this product I figure how can you go wrong with a product called 2012 Cooperstown. So far as the cards itself the cards look nice. However for $100 a box and you only get ONE AUTOGRAPH. Panini seems to have pulled a play from the UPPER DECK PLAYBOOK ON “HOW TO SCREW THE COLLECTORS OVER” Very misleading. Usually Panini’s products yield 2-3 autos/mem cards per box. Not this product. Only one. What a waste. My autograph was MILO HAMILTON. Give me a break. I want players or maybe even a coach. Not a freakin guy who called the games over the radio. I am not expecting a high dollar autograph but damn at least give me a player. Chris I will trade you my card for the Goose or Fingers auto.

2. kris
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 05:49 AM | Permalink

Jay Hanna “Dizzy” Dean

3. Hscshooter
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 09:19 AM | Permalink

Chris, you really need a shave! That still shot video is hilarious. Grab a coffee.

4. Nathan Crandell
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 10:12 AM | Permalink

Rollie Fingers is always a fun pull. A man with such an epic mustache and an awesome name, great pull. Nice to get a god hit when you spend your own money.

5. Aaron
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 11:36 AM | Permalink

Any fan of baseball from an historical perspective has got to love this set. I watched the whole video and didn’t see a bad card out of the entire box. Great cards!

6. chrisolds
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 12:20 PM | Permalink

Hscshooter. Actually, you do. I can tell from here. That is all. (Oh, and I don’t drink coffee.)

7. Jonathan Suits
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 12:29 PM | Permalink

Jay Hanna Dean.

8. Hscshooter
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 02:17 PM | Permalink

Thanks Chris but I shaved this morning. I wish my job was as great as yours. When Five Star Baseball arrives I can’t wait until you break a box or two. I have a case with my name on it.

Thanks again Chris.

Frank

9. Tim rash
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 03:55 PM | Permalink

Awesome “Goose” card !!! He’s from my home state. I’ve been thinking of trying to get his auto TTM. He’s got a great signature! Awesome cards !!

10. chrisolds
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 04:00 PM | Permalink

I’m not sure if he does any TTMs. From people I have met in past, he didn’t seem very IP auto friendly, either. But that could have been way back when, not now.

11. Clint Spencer
    Posted Thursday November 8th, 2012 at 08:32 PM | Permalink

Jerome Hanna Dean

12. Phil
    Posted Friday November 9th, 2012 at 05:40 PM | Permalink

What will be the odds of pulling any autograph in a blaster….1,000,000 to 1? I think if I were to buy Panini’s generic cards, I would have to stick to singles and not boxes

13. Anthony Molina
    Posted Wednesday November 20th, 2013 at 03:45 PM | Permalink

I purchased one box of this product, I was pleased with the overall value and happily surprised when I pulled a Vin Scully autograph. I was even happier when I researched the beckett book value on this card. I immediately put the card in a screw down holder and I am sure it will grade at a 10. Anyone interested in buying this card? #’d 96/100. Ill send you pictures of the card all its corners. im telling you its a 10. I only wonder what it would be worth graded at a 10.