Box Busters Live: 2013 Topps Heritage … watch the replay + WIN A BOX

Ever wanted to join in on an episode of Box Busters in real time instead of YouTube tape delay? Now you can …

Join Beckett Media’s Chris Olds and Susan Lulgjuraj as they rip into boxes of 2013 Topps Heritage baseball cards and chat with you in the newest edition of Box Busters Live.

When? Today (Wednesday, March 6) — 5 p.m. Central (6 p.m. Eastern)

Where? Right here on Beckett.com/news, (video will be embedded above) or via the Beckett Media Google Plus page. You will need to go to the Google Plus page to ask questions to the rippers, though you can also join in via YouTube.

What else? We’ll be giving away wax, singles and maybe more during the two-hour event.

More on Heritage, which may come in handy during the chat …  Click here for a look at the checklist      |    Click here to see the latest Heritage auctions on eBay

1. Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:13 PM | Permalink

Hello,
    I opened some 2013 Heritage from retail on Monday. I pulled a CC Sabathia #456 Black Back (Ven.) version. It has CC tossing a baseball. Is this the action variation???

Thanks,
    david

2. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:19 PM | Permalink

Why did Topps decide to reduce the production of the Chrome’d cards to 999?

3. Carp
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:38 PM | Permalink

Carp wants to know whether there’s any rhyme or reason to which players are chosen to be short prints.

4. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:42 PM | Permalink

Just want to let everyone know out there I’m ripping along with you.
    I saved my retail blasters just for this occasion.
    Just hit a Yoenis Cespedes Chrome Refractor #’d to 564.
    Boo-ya mojo!

5. baseballfan5
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:47 PM | Permalink

does having the topps all star rookie of the year trophy on the card increase the value at all

6. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:49 PM | Permalink

Hit my “blue” parallel of Don’t Just Stand There…Busta Posey!

7. Eric
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:49 PM | Permalink

8. Derek Mckim
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:50 PM | Permalink

9. Susan Lulgjuraj
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:51 PM | Permalink

Answer was 79. Won on the Google+ page.

10. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:52 PM | Permalink

168 1964 rookies!

11. King Bish
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:53 PM | Permalink

I’d like to hear Chris’ sales pitch for this product. Who will this product appeal to? It’s not really tickling any of my erogenous zones.

12. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:54 PM | Permalink

Previous to bustin’ this blaster
    I had opened another a few days ago and got me an A-Rod Venezuelan Parallel (#69)
    Any idea of to the value? Any speculation perhaps?

13. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 05:57 PM | Permalink

How many boxes are you giving away? I’m a junior collector and LOVE topps and would love to get my hands on some! :D

14. baseballfan5
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:02 PM | Permalink

what should I be looking for out of the ordinary from heritage any squirrels?

15. Robert
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:03 PM | Permalink

This is off topic, but I’d like to turn back the clock to the days when jerseys weren’t photoshopped for traded or free agent players. A “Signed by Yankees” or “Traded to Yankees” designation is fine by me.

16. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:05 PM | Permalink

Bonus…hit a relic!
    Adam Dunn for the White Sox…(surpassed 400HR last year) but its 2-color..black jersey, white stripe.
    Really cool.

17. Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:12 PM | Permalink

Hi Chris,

What is your 2nd favorite 2013 Topps Heritage card from the base set and SP’s (426-500)???
    I am guessing that the Nick Swisher card is your favorite.

Thanks,
    david

18. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:13 PM | Permalink

What do you think is better to buy? Single packs, value packs, or blasters?(heritage)

19. baseballfan5
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:13 PM | Permalink

where are you on the whole rookie card logo and nonrookie card logo
    what has more value a card with a rc logo on it or one that doesnt and is still a rookie card

20. Adidas70
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:16 PM | Permalink

Chris,

Comparing the 2 Products out so far for Topps…which gets you more excited Series I or Heritage?

21. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:17 PM | Permalink

I got a mini!
    Adam Jones..Orioles..#’d 63/100.
    Ah man, just one number away from 64 for the ’64 set!

22. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:22 PM | Permalink

Thanks for answering it helped a lot

23. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:25 PM | Permalink

When did you start collecting and what do you think about the fairfield repack autograph pack?

24. Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:29 PM | Permalink

Does the online code for subscription include renewals or new?

25. Susan Lulgjuraj
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:31 PM | Permalink

for NEW subs

26. Susan Lulgjuraj
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:35 PM | Permalink

Get your 15% off today for baseball http://bit.ly/Heritge-OPG-GPLUS CODES: HERITAGE1 – HERITAGE6- HERITAGE12

27. mlb13showfan

Justin Verlander Tigers
    Wade Miley D’backs

Chromes:
    Red Sox Rookie Stars #’d 44/999
    Chrome Refractor:
    Yoenis Cespedes A’s #’d 347/564

HITS: (Notice the Adam theme)
    Adam Dunn White Sox 2-Color Relic
    Adam Jones Orioles Mini #’d 63/100

Two Noteable Inserts
    Memorable Moments Bryce Harper
    Then and Now Sandy Koufax/Clayton Kershaw

28. baseballfan5
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:37 PM | Permalink

there arent any huge rookies this year does that take away from the value of the topps series 1

29. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:39 PM | Permalink

When did chris start collecting and what do you think about fairfield auto and mem packs for 9.99 and 12.99?

30. Adidas70
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:39 PM | Permalink

Chris,

31. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:40 PM | Permalink

Now I have to live vicariously thru you Chris.
    I’m outta blasters and packs to rip.
    Very happy with my breaks.
    Not too shabby for retail either.

32. James Hartenbach
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:45 PM | Permalink

That Stanton SP is sweet!

33. Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:51 PM | Permalink

#225

34. James Hartenbach
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:52 PM | Permalink

225

35. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:52 PM | Permalink

225

36. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:53 PM | Permalink

How different is pack searching today vs. searching for the star cards back in the 80’s?

37. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:54 PM | Permalink

i don’t have a twitter account : (

38. Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:56 PM | Permalink

Hello Susan and Chris,

Did I win the Hal Brown card??
    My time post was 6:51 pm.
    PLMK, thanks!

39. Susan Lulgjuraj
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 06:59 PM | Permalink

We were taking responses from Twitter on that question.

40. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:00 PM | Permalink

Love it!
    I wanta get a hobby box now!

41. James Hartenbach
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:00 PM | Permalink

Heritage 2013 isw awesome!

42. Adidas70
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:00 PM | Permalink

I’m excited to get my hands on a couple hobby boxes. Thanks for doing the rip Chris!

43. matt pearson
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:01 PM | Permalink

i love heritage like the oncard auto!!! hope i win the box!!

44. afff
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:01 PM | Permalink

thanks for the break. seem like i would enjoy doing the set as i have always like the old looks.

45. mlb13showfan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:01 PM | Permalink

will you do a live break of Archives?

46. baseballfan5
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:01 PM | Permalink

it is a really good brand with some interesting inserts that makes older guys remember where the brand of topps came from and what it used to be and shows how the card industry has grown and changed

47. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:01 PM | Permalink

Is there an advantage or disadvantage to collecting young?

48. Kelly T
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:02 PM | Permalink

I think the 2013 Heritage is my favorite of the last few years. I really like that Stanton varriation you pulled.

49. baseballfan5
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:02 PM | Permalink

50. Rob Mazetta
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:02 PM | Permalink

I enjoyed the live box busters! I picked up a few packs at my LCS and I love the fronts how it was designed but I gotta say..The backs are oogly haha. That ’64 for ya. I enjoy the news flashbacks and all and all very enjoyable.

51. Joseph Reynolds
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:02 PM | Permalink

I think the 2013 Heritage is an awesome break. I can’t wait to rip into some here myself. I love the older designed cards and definately will be picking some up. Thanks.

Joe Reynolds

52. Joseph Reynolds
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:03 PM | Permalink

Joe Reynolds

53. Christopher Hamilton
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:07 PM | Permalink

I enjoyed the look of this years Heritage. Looking forward to getting some packs open soon.

54. Mark Loftus
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:20 PM | Permalink

I like the topps heritage this year. I enjoy all the on card autos, variations and short prints. I also like the way it gives it an old school look.
    Can’t wait to be able to open a box. Thanks again for the live box break.

55. Scott Laird
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:23 PM | Permalink

Thanks for this, great insight!!

56. Matt Gilman
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:24 PM | Permalink

Still havent picked up any. I could only afford retail anyways. Probably a couple of packs sometime

57. Stephanie Loftus
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:27 PM | Permalink

Thanks Chris and Susan for opening the topps heritage and answering questions. Really enjoyed seeing the product. I like the look of the old school cards. I also like the variations and short prints which make each box a little more of an adventure. Excited to get some of my own soon. Also really looking forward to your next live break I always learn a lot. : )

From mod: winner of a 12-pack box.

58. Erling Crousse
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:32 PM | Permalink

The only cruddy thing about Heritage is that my LCS doesn’t carry it! But man, each year, I really like what Topps does with it. One of my favorite sets! Tip my cap to Topps for the great job, and thanks to you guys for the break! Love watching breaks, especially with people who really care about the hobby!

59. jimmy g
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 07:33 PM | Permalink

These cards are beautiful!!

60. Reagan
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 08:03 PM | Permalink

I really like heritage and the thrill of collecting, it’s exciting too pull the one card you need or one you really really like. Thank you again Chris and Susan for answering my questions and helping me in collecting with the site! Keep up the good work and I hope I could win the box! GREAT JOB!!!

61. Jeff F
    Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 08:13 PM | Permalink

I really like what I’m seeing from Heritage this year! I’ve never bought any before but I might have to pick some up now.

62. Posted Wednesday March 6th, 2013 at 10:01 PM | Permalink

Love the live breaks! Keep em comin’! Thanks Chris and Sooz.

63. Tim Rash
    Posted Thursday March 7th, 2013 at 04:17 AM | Permalink

I love watching your video breaks! Everyone there at beckett have become somewhat of a celebrity to my son and I ! Especially you Chris its always fun to watch a new video of yours. These cards are amazing ! the only thing that bugs me is topps making it near immpossible to collect the players we like, like Bryce Harper. Seems like all but a couple of his cards are short print or “super” short print. Gets kinda frustrating. Anyway … if your giving away a box I’d still love to be in the running to win one, Who knows maybe it would have one of those super duper rare cards !
    Keep up the Good work guys !!

From mod: Hobby box winner

64. Don Sarver
    Posted Thursday March 7th, 2013 at 10:01 AM | Permalink

I really like the old retro look of this modern set. What impresses me the most is the on card autos of really old players, I think that matches the set really nice.

65. Ryan R
    Posted Thursday March 7th, 2013 at 12:26 PM | Permalink

This and Ginter (minus most of the non baseball crap) are my two favorite products from a collector standpoint. I think I do better with ginter from a money standpoint though.

66. Jason K
    Posted Thursday March 7th, 2013 at 04:37 PM | Permalink

Wish I could have watched this. I really enjoyed the Series 1 rip… 6:00pm Eastern on a Wednesday during Lent is a REALLY bad time for the east coast. The last time (3:00pm Eastern) is PERFECT any day of the week any time of the year.

I know there are alot of factors to consider when picking a time (Pacific being 3 hours behind Eastern being a big issue, obviously). I would think that having it during work hours for EVERYBODY is better than having it during: work hours for 25% of the country, evening hours for 25% of the country, half work half drive home hours for 50% of the country.

67. Jason Taylor
    Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 12:15 PM | Permalink

I really love Heritage, but this year I’m going to wait to buy a box since the prices really bottomed out last year a few months after release. If memory serves they went from $70 to $45 or so by summer. I hate to wait (since this is one of the sets I build every year) but the wallet commands me.

68. Gene Annis
    Posted Friday March 8th, 2013 at 04:19 PM | Permalink

Always enjoy seeing Box Breaks and watching the ractions as Susan awaits a JETER and Chris play’s up his Athletics.

Keep ripping and keep posting those price updates.

69. Ian Moore
    Posted Saturday March 9th, 2013 at 02:01 PM | Permalink

I’m sorry that I missed this live but I was working. Always love the retro look of the heritagen cards.

70. Ryan
    Posted Sunday March 10th, 2013 at 03:17 PM | Permalink

Well opened a box of this after watching most of the break. I was able to pull…..nothing. No Relic and No Auto. I’m 1 for 1. Last year in Allen and Ginter I got no sps and 48 whats in a name cards in 2 boxes (even better is that they were just duplicates every two packs). What does Topps have against boxes going to Canada?

At least I got my oldest rookie. My buyback was the Boccabella/Cowan Cubs Rookie Stars so I got a rookie card from 20 years before I was born. I am hoping for better luck next time.

71. Andy York
    Posted Friday March 15th, 2013 at 05:16 PM | Permalink

Love the look of Heritage and the Box Buster shows. Missed this one live but hope to make the next one. Hope I can finally find a blaster at Target too…keep on either being out or never recieving them, so frustrating. Oh well hope to get some hobby of it soon cause it looks awesome!

72. Ben Wilson @ourtradingcards
    Posted Friday March 15th, 2013 at 05:16 PM | Permalink

Didn’t plan to do much Heritage this year. Went to a LCS that I never go to. Bought 2 packs from a fresh box. Nailed a hot box. He refused to sell me the rest. Bought 5 packs total out of it. He wouldn’t sell me any more of the packs. I won’t be shopping there ever again!!

73. M Goody
    Posted Friday March 15th, 2013 at 05:25 PM | Permalink

What I like about Heritage this year is the variety of hits for the collector, from multiple short print variations, error cards and refractors, it makes everyone pay attention to the details of the set and brings out the qualities of what made the original Topps set so great. Also love that there are refractor hot packs and a higher ratio of autos in the hobby boxes making this the most accesible set for collectors no matter their budget

74. Posted Friday March 15th, 2013 at 05:25 PM | Permalink

Also, just like every year, I love 2013 Heritage! Working on that Master Set! The action variations were cool.

75. Ben Bishop
    Posted Friday March 15th, 2013 at 05:46 PM | Permalink

Love the live box breaks. The fact I enjoy just watching packs getting ripped either makes me a true card fanatic or weird. It could go either way. Anyways, Heritage is by far my favorite “affordable” baseball product. Glad to see the live break continue. What will be the next product to get a live break?

76. Paul Braddy
    Posted Friday March 15th, 2013 at 05:55 PM | Permalink

Chris, I watch all your videos like they are a religious experience! I pulled an Eddie Mathews Bazooka card out of a five dollar jumbo pack bc I can’t afford the hobby boxes! Help a Braves fan pull another sweet card. Please!

77. Michael Runyon
    Posted Friday March 15th, 2013 at 07:05 PM | Permalink

These are great. You need to do one for each sport