BOX BUSTERS LIVE: 2013 Topps baseball cards (watch the replay)

Are you ready to rip into some 2013 Topps and chat about it live?

Join Beckett Media’s Chris Olds and Susan Lulgjuraj as they rip into hobby boxes of 2013 Topps baseball cards and chat with you in the debut edition of Box Busters Live.

When? Today (Jan. 30), 1:30 p.m. Central

Where? Right here on Beckett.com/news, or via the Beckett Media Google Plus page (when active). You will need to go to the Google Plus page to type questions to the rippers.

What else? We’ll be giving away a few boxes of 2013 Topps, maybe more …

1. Nick Gauder
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait! I never would hope to not make money but the card collector in me is hoping that I don’t get any walk in haircuts during this first live box busters break so can watch it all! Is that bad? I just LoveCards, I can’t help it, LOL. Keep up the great work guys!

2. Doc
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Nice, I’ll be there tomorrow.

Also, FYI, that google+ link isn’t working :(

3. chrisolds
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

Why would the link work before Wednesday at 1:30???

4. Zach
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Did I miss it?

5. chrisolds
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Zach: It’s on Wednesday…

6. Doc
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

@Chris, I thought it was going to the Beckett G+ page, not the video directly, my bad.

7. BrewCrewUK
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Man would love to watch this live but thats 7.30PM here in blighty and im at work.Its always extra exciting getting the first new cards of the season.

8. bill johnson
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

chris and susan. LIVE. deff must see. i love the topps design this year. and the chrome versions ive seen look even better. got my fingers crossed on winning one of those boxes.

9. David
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

Is your buddy Reggie going to join in on the fun, Chris?

10. Rob
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

Oh damn got work tomorrow, oh well guess I’m not winning a box, good luck on the break

11. afff
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

i guess i’ll have to catch it after it’s done because i will be at work when this happening

12. Jonathan Suits
    Posted January 29, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

@Chris Please don’t wear that horrible A’s hat on the box bust this time man. I’m getting offended.

13. Rob Mazetta
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 6:43 am | Permalink

Maybe I can sneak a peek at work.. Good luck! I’ll be bustin a box after work at my LCS. Love the ’72 minis this year. Will yous save a clip to post on the site afterwards?

14. Kelly Pommer
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Love watchin’ your box bustin’ vids!
    Can’t wait!

15. Mark Davis
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 10:59 am | Permalink

I can’t wait to see what you guy pull out of 2013 Topps Series One. I bought a retail box for 2013 Topps baseball last night after I got out of work and I also pulled the Dustin Padroia Fenway 100th years patch card which is going in my own PC collection since I am a huge Boston Redsox fan.

16. chrisolds
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 11:13 am | Permalink

David: I hope not.

17. Jason K
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Are you guys having tech difficulties, or is the problem on my end? I’ve been checking every couple minutes since 12:30 (east) and it says that the feed will begin in a few minutes.

18. Jason K
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Nevermind, I’m a tool and just realized it would be 2:30 (east). That’s actually abetter time for me anyway :)

19. Nathan Sease
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

I cant wait to see what you pull.. good luck
    there isnt a card sshop where i live.. cant buy any hobby boxes
    that isnt good

20. chrisolds
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Jason: Yep, you’re ahead of us …

Eastern: 2:30 p.m.
    Central: 1:30
    Mountain: 12:30
    Pacific: 11:30

21. chrisolds
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Reminder: You’ll have to go to the Google Hangout page to actually chat with us. That’s how you’ll be able to win a box … several up for grabs.

Also keep an eye on this thread … we should give away one here for sure.

22. David
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait, been looking forward to this for quite awhile!

23. Joseph Reynolds
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Chris,
    As noted on Twitter, I think it’s awesome you guys are looking into a Live format. I think it would be good for Ripping Retail as well. I’ve been watching you guys rip for a while now and you all give a great perspective of the cards as they are ripped. Thanks again for the hours of rips and the many more to come!

Joe Reynolds

24. Paul
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Can I call dibs on Atlanta cards??

25. Posted January 30, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait. I love watching the videos. You guys always help me decide what I should spend my money on. Thanks

26. Posted January 30, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Does the Jumbo’s have ring cards like last year?

27. MIchael Browning
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Hopefully I can complete a set this year. last few years have been rough so i havent complete the last few years

28. MIchael Browning
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Are there any major Cubs hits this year?

29. Nick Gauder
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

I’m watching! Love it! U guys are doing a great job!

30. Paul
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

What’s the biggest retail hits to look for? Not hobby!

31. kris
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

no card allergies yet today. best variety product you will see all year. theres something in this for every baseball collector at a affordable price. i like it

32. Jared
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

I just opened some packs of this. I love the inserts and cards! Die Cuts are ONLY 1:14 this year!

Chris, when will the next Box Busters Live be? What set will you be Bustin’?

33. kris
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

i knew the card allergies would get you. send me the rest of your boxes so you dont get too sick

34. Posted January 30, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Eddie gaedel

35. Aaron
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Does Topps have a wrapper redemption program?

36. Aaron
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Today is my 21st birthday! It would be awesome to get a hobby box of Topps baseball for my birthday! lol Thanks Chris, love watching your youtube retail videos and box busters.

37. Posted January 30, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

2013 design looks good.

38. Jeff Camp
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

How long does it normally take to get an online redemption back after you have submitted the code?

39. Aaron
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Can you show that silver sluggers card Chris?

40. Aaron
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Birthday box would be awesome CHris!

41. Jeff Camp
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Preech Girl!!!!!

42. Tyson Allen
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the fun insight to the new product. My sons and I have enjoyed it almost as much as they did seeing smackdown last night they said :)

43. kris
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

i did your name on google plus hours ago right after you got live. i wonder if i get a box susan.

44. David
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

Chris- I spent 4 years working at Cleveland Stadium as a baseball concession manager putting my way through college. I have dozens-and dozens of Reggie stories that could/would certainly top your infamous exchange with his pleasant (?) personality as he played for the Orioles and Yankees back then.