Box Busters: 2013 Topps MLS soccer cards

Join Beckett Sports Card Monthly‘s Brian Fleischer and Chris Olds as they rip into boxes of 2013 Topps MLS soccer cards in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Allan Boyd
    Posted Monday July 22nd, 2013 at 05:38 AM | Permalink

The Topps MLS single card values are a shocker. Was looking at buying a box but when you see jersey cards going for less than a $

and 1 of 1 cards for under $10 it tells me to wait for the enevitable product dump thats coming up.

2. Ian Gibbs
    Posted Monday July 22nd, 2013 at 08:52 AM | Permalink

These are really sharp, I dont think my hobby store is going to carry them though. I dont know if I want to invest in an entire box.

3. Tim Rash
    Posted Monday July 22nd, 2013 at 01:01 PM | Permalink

I think these cards look awesome!! I Kinda wish Topps would put this much effort into their basic baseball set as they seem to have done with these.
    Hey Chris if you need anyone to take that Colorado Rapids Auto off your hands let me know !! The Rapids are my home team.

4. Robert Braxton
    Posted Monday July 22nd, 2013 at 04:34 PM | Permalink

Nice box bust, gentleman!
    I’d give you a yellow card Chrisninho, but let’s be honest, you’re probably not going to change your behavior (and I’m pretty sure you know more about fútbol than you’re completely showing us.

It’s a 200 card set, and I agree the foil player names (and positions) is a penalty.
    The font is nice, but altogether, they’re tough to read.

HEAVY cards, that definitely got my notice, … and that’s some extra gloss they put on ’em.
    Those are two characteristics of high-quality cards, but I can see I’m going to need to store my set at the bottom of the closet as well as put each card in a penny sleeve (so that 10 years from now I don’t have to pry them apart like my pancake breakfast this morning).

The EPL (English Premier League) throwback cards are beautiful, I like them a lot!
    And, I very much like that Topps decided to highlight the league rivalries (and there are many).
    That’s two more inserts than I usually like in a set (:P).

Another penalty from me for using foil for the autograph cards; they’re a little tougher to read I think. (I’m blind enough, so no thank you on that idea).
    However, on the players they got to sign, I reacted ‘AUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!’, … so that was nice

As for any other noise, I just want to say, “I’m playing well!” (lol)

{Sorry Brian, I couldn’t think of a good Brazilian nickname for you while writing this reply}

5. Valentin
    Posted Saturday July 27th, 2013 at 03:01 PM | Permalink

If the cards seem unreasonable to you I would be glad to have them! I tend to send the players their respective cards to get signed and so far have a 92% return rate. Baseball, football, hockey, etc have a combine rate of less than 15%…… Cards are nice for those of us who follow USA soccer!!! PS…funny video overall on the box break

6. Allan Boyd
    Posted Sunday July 28th, 2013 at 09:53 AM | Permalink

Getting cards signed that are not otherwise an autograph card from within the set is all very well, if that’s a name you need. However, with the low prices these Topps autograph cards are fetching on ebay, $2.75 for

is it all worth the bother to send a card to the MLS player in hope of a return. I would be patient with buying autographs for this collection and wait for the price dump and then most of the other autographs will be got for the above price or less.

7. Gerry Thompson
    Posted Thursday August 8th, 2013 at 10:49 PM | Permalink

1 of 1 cards selling for $3

This Topps Soccer release is shaping up to be the flop of 2013.

Also, when we see cards selling out the publisher’s back door through their own ebay shop preventing those cards from feeding through our normal hobby structure maybe we need to look at where we place our spend and where to give our support?