Box Busters: 2012 Topps Heritage High Numbers

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he opens a set of 2012 Topps Heritage High Numbers cards — an online-only release — in this latest edition of Box Busters.

Do you want to see all 100 base cards? Which autograph will he find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Jim Falbo
    Posted Friday November 9th, 2012 at 08:20 PM | Permalink

I’ll trade you for that Hague, I’m likely the only collector on Beckett that wants it lol!

2. Shaun
    Posted Friday November 9th, 2012 at 08:34 PM | Permalink

On the Dozier card, that is part of Hammond Stadium where they play spring training. :)

3. Ted Lee
    Posted Friday November 9th, 2012 at 08:39 PM | Permalink

Still a waste of money

4. Tom Waldron
    Posted Friday November 9th, 2012 at 08:47 PM | Permalink

Chris thanks for the break . I tried the ’12 Topps Mini I just wish I was able to buy more.
    I was going to buy the Heritage set if it was in the same 50.00 or so range.Topps made it UNAFFORDABLLE for me.
    I enjoyed the Mini box and got my money and collectors worth.Even at the reduced print runHeritage is Just too hign for me .
    I hope to maybe buy some auto’s on the bay .I like the Exclusive sets Topps has done as long as its not too high.
    Great job just wish I could convince Topps to send me a box.
    Tom Waldron-wehvtwo

5. Charles Petit
    Posted Saturday November 10th, 2012 at 03:52 AM | Permalink

Chris, Topps only produced 1000 sets of this product and they list 21 potential autograph cards on their Checklist. Since we know 10 autographs of each card will be Red Autos (10×21=210), wouldn’t that mean there would only be a total of 790 other autographs produced? If we were to take the 21 potential cards and then divide by 790 that should mean even the regular autos would be around only 37 produced of each. Assuming that each card has roughly the same number of auto print run. Have you heard what the production number is for each auto? If my math is correct, wouldn’t this make any potential auto in the set very limited and highly collectible?

6. chrisolds
    Posted Saturday November 10th, 2012 at 10:08 AM | Permalink

Topps did not disclose production numbers for autos but we can all assume that they are not plentiful — and probably not equal since some players charge a lot more than others to sign.

Unfortunately, not knowing specifics won’t help maximize the potential return on these. Although they are all likely to be much rarer than the typical runs, the quantity also isn’t the only driving force for demand.

It should be interesting to see how much pops up on the secondary market and how it does.

7. Posted Saturday November 10th, 2012 at 11:43 AM | Permalink

Great video Chris. I was hoping you would do one as I will be stashing my set away unopened. And while I always like to see you pull a solid auto I am selfishly happy you didn’t in this case as it increases my odds of having a big hitter in mine.
    Looking forward to more vids.

8. Posted Saturday November 10th, 2012 at 04:17 PM | Permalink

Received my set on Friday, and I’m missing the #H650 Bryce Harper card, hopefully I’ll receive this card.At an $100. Box. A complete set would be very nice. The auto that I received is Gordon Beckham.

9. Jackie Martling
    Posted Saturday November 10th, 2012 at 11:10 PM | Permalink

This product is as bad as the Topps Mini was cool….lame Topps….get a clue.

10. Jackie Martling
    Posted Saturday November 10th, 2012 at 11:10 PM | Permalink

This product is as bad as the Topps Mini was cool….lame Topps….get a clue.

11. Jodi
    Posted Wednesday November 14th, 2012 at 12:13 AM | Permalink

Just got two sets today and got Jordany Valdespin and Brian Dozier autos. Not what I was looking for so I’ve already listed them on eBay. :-)

12. Rockofrockytop
    Posted Wednesday November 14th, 2012 at 11:20 PM | Permalink

Just broke 2 boxes. Auto in the first was a Wily Peralta. Auto in the second was…wait for it… a Wily Peralta. Luckily the second one was a red /10 or I would have been angrier about it than I already am.