Box Busters: 2012 Prime Cuts baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Brian Fleischer and Chris Olds as they rip into two boxes of 2012 Prime Cuts in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Mike
    Posted Friday December 7th, 2012 at 07:51 PM | Permalink

$150 for THAT?! No thanks.

2. steve
    Posted Friday December 7th, 2012 at 11:10 PM | Permalink

Hey! Did 2011 Prime Cuts come with more cards for the same price?

3. Jamie Case
    Posted Friday December 7th, 2012 at 11:16 PM | Permalink

Wow two cards for $150 , no MLB LOGO yet and STICKER AUTOS . Sorry not for me .

4. Jackie Martling
    Posted Saturday December 8th, 2012 at 01:11 AM | Permalink

That product is a vile insult – you either did Prime Cuts a disservice for showing this garbage on video (because I’m 110% certain I won’t buy any after seeing this video) or you’ve done me and other collectors a great public service (by protecting us from buying that nonsensical heap of crap)…..depends on one’s point of view I suppose. It just seems like more and more of the card companies are getting more aggressive than ever before with the “high risk, high reward” concept…….

5. deeez
    Posted Saturday December 8th, 2012 at 09:35 PM | Permalink

do you guy actually have to pay for those boxes
    i hope they were free boxes from panini

6. JB17
    Posted Saturday December 8th, 2012 at 09:46 PM | Permalink

Neither of those boxes ended up being worth 150 bucks. This town is a joke.

7. afff
    Posted Sunday December 9th, 2012 at 12:19 AM | Permalink

i like the 2011 product better then this year and you get more for the buck in 2011

8. kris
    Posted Sunday December 9th, 2012 at 10:37 PM | Permalink

pure trash from your old buddy tracy hackler.

9. Daniel Wilson
    Posted Monday December 10th, 2012 at 10:19 AM | Permalink

With a name like prime cuts, and only 2 cards, they should have at least included a vacuum packed 10 oz filet mignon in that box, that would have been the best hit, lol

10. Matt K.
    Posted Monday December 10th, 2012 at 10:54 AM | Permalink

Do the companies know that collectors only have so much money. If I am going to spend my dollars on a high end product, I’m spending it on Tier or Triple Threads where I will see a possible Dodger player auto in jersey!

11. Hscshooter
    Posted Monday December 10th, 2012 at 12:46 PM | Permalink

I agree with all the comments. Prime Cuts should be just that, at $150 a pop, a cut auto should be in every pack. The cost is way too much to pay for a prospect. I’m glad I didn’t buy a pack. My friend did and he just about threw up in my friend’s store. Instead I bought a box of Upper Deck All-Star Sports and pulled a dual auto of Michael Jordan/Larry Bird #2/10. I think I did slightly better.

12. Kingbudd
    Posted Monday December 10th, 2012 at 12:49 PM | Permalink

Panini stick to basketball, you can barely make decent basketball cards so don’t ruin other sports.

13. Mike
    Posted Tuesday December 11th, 2012 at 09:10 AM | Permalink

I had high hopes when they got the mlbpa license.
    Even was excited but after continually putting out over priced (very) trash like this for a year, no thanks.

14. Phil
    Posted Wednesday December 12th, 2012 at 01:21 PM | Permalink

and this is why I won’t buy Panini brand…I liked the video…until I saw the cards

15. don