Box Busters: 2012 Bowman Platinum

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2012 Bowman Platinum boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Brad
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Wow nice @trouty20, would love to see inscriptions w the twitter handle but anyway. Great boxes guys love looks of all cards in set and can’t wait to get me a box! Prices are rising but gotta have my platinum fix! Take care, love box busting videos always!

2. Rob
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

You said this isn’t the most popular set so what is? And is it worth the money like this one is?

3. chrisolds
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

When it comes to rookie and prospect autographs, Bowman Chrome always wins.

4. Lee Patton
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Great Video Guys, I Love Bowman Platinum!!!! It is a great looking product and the Autos are awesome.

5. Billy Whitaker
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hey guys Ive have busted a hobby and a retail, there is only 20 packs per box in hobby. At least that is what it says on my hobby box.

6. Richard
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Bowman Chrome is more popular, for now, but I think of it as a better value overall with the 3 autos in a box
    with two of them being prospect autos.

Already finished this years “base” set and I’m starting on the prospects and prospect autos.
    I do with they would not have added additional parallels though as the basic prospect set looks effectively
    very short printed.

7. Rob
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Oh ok how is Bowman Sterling? I know this years set doesnt come out until like the fall but are they worth the money? Thanks!

8. Richard
    Posted July 31, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Bowman Sterling is more a lottery, just like most “pack” as a box concept where all the “hits” are in a pack.

The early years were awesome because they had a “topper” pack that had a super short printed bonus
    card. That and the first year most of the autographs were on card.

I had purchased a sealed box every year up until the Strasburg year and sold them all off.
    The Bowman Platinum product is a decent deal so far and I’m hoping they did not overproduce
    the retail packs.

9. Adam Shoemaker
    Posted August 1, 2012 at 1:02 am | Permalink

Not really impressed. I usually am not impressed by Bowman products though. I am not a prospect collector and that keeps me from buying a LOT of the Topps MLB products. I am not interested in pulling ‘hits’ of guys I’ve never heard of AND having to wait a few years to see if the card was worth pulling.
    I do like the design, but also agree that not making differentiations of the parallels hurts the product and confuses people. I like the die-cut variation cards quite a bit though. I might be tempted to buy some retail of this, but not at all interested in going with a hobby box.
    If this was an NFL product, I would be more interested in getting a hobby box b/c the ‘prospects’ would actually be rookies and have a chance to play in the next season.

10. Swingkat
    Posted August 1, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Bowman platinum is a pretty solid product. Out of the 2 boxes I bought yesterday I was lucky enough to the Mike Trout yellow printing plate. I couldn’t be happier.

11. Matthew
    Posted August 1, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

What do you guys do with the cards that you pull from these videos. I am trying to get my hands on all the Dillon Maples I can. Anyway I can get that card? Thanks for another fun video. GO CUBS!!!