Box Busters: 2012 Bowman Platinum

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2012 Bowman Platinum boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

1. Brad
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 03:14 PM | Permalink

Wow nice @trouty20, would love to see inscriptions w the twitter handle but anyway. Great boxes guys love looks of all cards in set and can’t wait to get me a box! Prices are rising but gotta have my platinum fix! Take care, love box busting videos always!

2. Rob
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 03:18 PM | Permalink

You said this isn’t the most popular set so what is? And is it worth the money like this one is?

3. chrisolds
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 03:20 PM | Permalink

When it comes to rookie and prospect autographs, Bowman Chrome always wins.

4. Lee Patton
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 03:36 PM | Permalink

Great Video Guys, I Love Bowman Platinum!!!! It is a great looking product and the Autos are awesome.

5. Billy Whitaker
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 04:44 PM | Permalink

Hey guys Ive have busted a hobby and a retail, there is only 20 packs per box in hobby. At least that is what it says on my hobby box.

6. Richard
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 05:10 PM | Permalink

Bowman Chrome is more popular, for now, but I think of it as a better value overall with the 3 autos in a box
    with two of them being prospect autos.

Already finished this years “base” set and I’m starting on the prospects and prospect autos.
    I do with they would not have added additional parallels though as the basic prospect set looks effectively
    very short printed.

7. Rob
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 05:36 PM | Permalink

Oh ok how is Bowman Sterling? I know this years set doesnt come out until like the fall but are they worth the money? Thanks!

8. Richard
    Posted Tuesday July 31st, 2012 at 06:16 PM | Permalink

Bowman Sterling is more a lottery, just like most “pack” as a box concept where all the “hits” are in a pack.

The early years were awesome because they had a “topper” pack that had a super short printed bonus
    card. That and the first year most of the autographs were on card.

I had purchased a sealed box every year up until the Strasburg year and sold them all off.
    The Bowman Platinum product is a decent deal so far and I’m hoping they did not overproduce
    the retail packs.

9. Adam Shoemaker
    Posted Wednesday August 1st, 2012 at 01:02 AM | Permalink

Not really impressed. I usually am not impressed by Bowman products though. I am not a prospect collector and that keeps me from buying a LOT of the Topps MLB products. I am not interested in pulling ‘hits’ of guys I’ve never heard of AND having to wait a few years to see if the card was worth pulling.
    I do like the design, but also agree that not making differentiations of the parallels hurts the product and confuses people. I like the die-cut variation cards quite a bit though. I might be tempted to buy some retail of this, but not at all interested in going with a hobby box.
    If this was an NFL product, I would be more interested in getting a hobby box b/c the ‘prospects’ would actually be rookies and have a chance to play in the next season.

10. Swingkat
    Posted Wednesday August 1st, 2012 at 12:42 PM | Permalink

Bowman platinum is a pretty solid product. Out of the 2 boxes I bought yesterday I was lucky enough to the Mike Trout yellow printing plate. I couldn’t be happier.

11. Matthew
    Posted Wednesday August 1st, 2012 at 01:24 PM | Permalink

What do you guys do with the cards that you pull from these videos. I am trying to get my hands on all the Dillon Maples I can. Anyway I can get that card? Thanks for another fun video. GO CUBS!!!