Box Busters: 2012 Bowman Chrome

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2012 Bowman Chrome boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside … besides a card with 1:7,515 odds? Watch and find out …

1. Posted Wednesday October 24th, 2012 at 03:15 PM | Permalink

Two great boxes. I’m sure that plenty of collectors would love to pull a Yu Darvish Gold Refractor Autograph. That said, Bowman Chrome is just too much of a boom-or-bust product for me to buy by the box. I’m just hoping to pick-up some singles and Futures Game refractors at my local card show.

2. Matt Harwood
    Posted Wednesday October 24th, 2012 at 03:48 PM | Permalink

I have purchased 4 hobby boxes and 4 retail blasters of Bowman Chrome, still no Bryce Harper base Rookie Card. Still along way to completing the set.

3. Posted Wednesday October 24th, 2012 at 04:26 PM | Permalink

If you haven’t mentioned it yet, let everyone know that every third box in a hobby case has 2 autos. I pulled 16 autos from my 12 box case, which is standard this year. This is written in some of the online promo ads. Hopefully, they’ll keep this arrangement in the future.

4. chrisolds
    Posted Wednesday October 24th, 2012 at 04:30 PM | Permalink

Yep, I remembered there were extras … just couldn’t remember the odds so I didn’t mention it.

5. bill johnson
    Posted Wednesday October 24th, 2012 at 06:22 PM | Permalink

chris, i agree with you. i dont want to spend 4 or 5 bucks on a pack of 3 or 4 cards and only get a ted lilly refractor. i will buy the singles off ebay that i need for my player collections.

Posted Wednesday October 24th, 2012 at 09:55 PM | Permalink

I liked what they pulled,but even better the redemtion card chris olds pulled WOW what a redemtion.

7. Cory Furlong
    Posted Wednesday October 24th, 2012 at 10:11 PM | Permalink

“I would have bought been miserable the whole time because I’m not getting enough cards.” Good Stuff Chris. I agree though, I would enjoy Brians box of chrome more than the big hit.

8. Jason
    Posted Thursday October 25th, 2012 at 10:00 AM | Permalink

are you going to have a drawing for a yu darvish. i have dont have one yet.

9. Matt Harwood
    Posted Thursday October 25th, 2012 at 02:28 PM | Permalink

Okay now I have busted 6 hobby boxes and 4 retail blasters….. Still not one dang Harper!!!

10. Adam
    Posted Thursday October 25th, 2012 at 08:08 PM | Permalink

Ahhhh…Bowman Chrome. I live and die by the dagger. This year, I died. I have opened 6 hobby boxes and still have not gotten a bryce harper, or yu darvish rc. My auto’s were to say the most terrible. The only thing I got worth mentioning is a Brett L. Purple Ref. Wow, Bowman Chrome, what can we say.

11. Zach
    Posted Sunday October 28th, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Permalink

I always love Bowman Chrome. My one box I have gotten so far wielded a Tyler Skaggs Auto and a Jonathan Griffin Auto Refractor. The color was an Orange Adam Lind (#25), Blue Dustin Pedroia and a Purple Strasburg. I was pretty happy about that, but no Harper, No Darvish and no Cespedes kind of sucked.