Box Busters: 2011 Topps Marquee baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2011 Topps Marquee boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

1. wampier
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 12:06 PM | Permalink

Any one seen a pic of the Ty Cobb Jersey card (product hit)?

:Gametime Mementos
    Ty Cobb Jersey 1/1
    Serial Numbered #/1
    Product Hit

2. KZED
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 01:17 PM | Permalink

Nothing like shilling out for a specific distributor to show how impartial you guys are…

I’m not a big baseball guy myself, but I was pointed toward Topps Marquee the other day when I went to DAVE & ADAMS CARDWORLD. The guys at DAVE & ADAMS CARDWORLD were really informative and helped me pick out a very good box, where I pulled a quad patch out of 5. I agree with really loving the jumbo sized jersey cards, as I myself pulled a copy of that “Red” card during my visit to DAVE & ADAMS CARDWORLD.

3. chrisolds
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 01:28 PM | Permalink

Been waiting for that reply. I think our “commercial” joke in there carries the spirit of the effort. And, yes, we mention Blowout at the end as they provided the boxes … and explain our “commercial.”

It’s a company providing two boxes so we can open the boxes and show you what’s inside on video.

Nothing more, nothing less.

4. John Ward
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 01:39 PM | Permalink

Hook a brutha up !!!

5. chrisolds
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 03:06 PM | Permalink

You might see a card given away in the next Beckett Baseball — not sure yet on specifics of that, though.

6. Mstrawn
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 03:41 PM | Permalink

The good part about them getting it from blowout and not topps is they didn’t get huge hits like they allways do.

7. chrisolds
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 04:34 PM | Permalink

Funny, we got better hits in this box in some of the boxes from the past … in fact, better than in a lot of boxes.

8. Darin Amundson
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 05:38 PM | Permalink

My gosh, sometimes it seems like you guys just can’t win no matter what you do. Why would someone have a problem with a sponsored break, Blowout gave you the boxes which was very cool of them to do, so the break was sponsored by them and there was some advertising for them. Big deal.
    Thanks Chris and Brian for the break, thanks Andrew for camera work, and Thank you blowout for providing the boxes. And Thanks for the commentary on the product. This product has grown on me since release, and in the 160 – 180 per box range it is a pretty entertaining break.
    And I agree some secondary singles for the PC good too.

9. chrisolds
    Posted Friday September 30th, 2011 at 05:54 PM | Permalink

When I go buy my boxes, this happens:

Watch second clip on this one:

10. Tom Waldron
    Posted Saturday October 1st, 2011 at 08:11 AM | Permalink

I’m not in love with more high end products seems with the exclusive liscencing we get a little more bloat. More Sticker auto’s etc.. Now that said I do like the Titanic threads base cards looks like Stadium club /Prime combo but nice. I’m not too concerned about Beckett and Blowout come on man…. who cares just give me the break and a solid review so I can decide if I want to invest.
    Just saying …great job too pricey for me though

11. Richard Deien
    Posted Monday October 3rd, 2011 at 02:28 AM | Permalink

The Braun is a very very nice card, however not sold on this product, not for $50… Todays market the HOF players cards are getting cheaper and cheaper and the market is starting to get flooded. Its seems like every product that is coming out this year there is one big hit if you dont get it the product is basically garbage. For the price we are paying.Ex: Haprer in Bowman, Bowman PLatinum, A &G Manny Pacquiao. I dont know I feel our great hobby is slowly starting to fade.