Box Busters: 2011 In The Game Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hits

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into two boxes of 2011 In The Game Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hits in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside?

Watch and find out …

1. Blake
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

$500 is way too much for something like this.

From mod: It’s $100 a box, not $500.

2. noille
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Same thoughts that Olds has at 2:26… “WHO, For how much a box”?

lol

3. Travis N.
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Cool stuff…

4. Adam
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

Blake, you’re right. That’s why it’s $100.

Hey Chris, I went to Ball State. I’ll take that Vitek off your hands.

5. Kreepy
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

I have been highly excited about this product.. I can’t wait to get a few boxes of this stuff.

6. Posted February 22, 2011 at 1:13 am | Permalink

$500 is just too much for something like this, especially for it being a unlicensed product (Pacific anyone?). The fact that they include the cards in a penny sleeve and top loader is a great touch. I wish other products did that or at least put em in a penny sleeve. I guess I’ve been out of the loop for a long time but it seems that Panini has the monopoly of stuff these days. Don’t know if I’m going to get back into cards quite yet.

7. Steve
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 7:34 am | Permalink

Can’t believe anyone would pay good money for this.

8. bob
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 11:32 am | Permalink

This product is $80-100/box (not $500/box)

9. kevin thoma
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 11:44 am | Permalink

holy crap..what garbage.. those are like $5.00 cards..

10. Josh D
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Where exactly are you getting this $500 price tag? I just got mine for $80.

11. Scott Schwartz
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

guys, this is an $85-$100 retail box, NOT $500 ! I preordered a case so I KNOW
    for sure how much it is. GOOD Luck everyone, may we all have MONSTER PULLS ! =)
    scott

12. chrisolds
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

The boxes are $100 apiece … not sure where you guys got that.

13. Slipknot
    Posted February 22, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Not looking very good. This stuffs price will fall fast just like its famous fabrics counter part. A sweet jumbo AROD from FF sold a few months back for a whooping $80.00 and this was on the sell sheet.

14. Posted February 22, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

I want the WIL MYERS!!! I AM A DIEHARD ROYALS FAN!!! ANY WAY I CAN TRADE FOR IT OR SOMETHING?

15. Ben
    Posted February 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I’m all for more non-Topps baseball products but this looks like a poor freshman effort. Instead of a “hits” product featuring air-brushed logos with prospects that are going to be available in fully licensed Topps sets, ITG should think about a more basic set with players from non-MLB international leagues. I’d love to have an English language set featuring players from the pro Japanese, South Korean, Mexican, Australian (well, that’s English but you know what I mean), etc. leagues. And to fulfill the requisite “legends” portion there’s always the Negro Leagues. There’s plenty of non-MLB, non-CLC baseball out there.

16. kurt
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 8:10 am | Permalink

wal mart has these for $55 a box

3 Trackbacks

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Chris Olds, Beckett Media LLC. Beckett Media LLC said: Box Busters: 2011 In The Game Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hi http://www.beckett.com/news/?p=29761 #baseball_cards #featured #In_The_Game […]

2. […] If you have any questions feel free to contact me. To view the recent Beckett Box Break click here: Box Busters: 2011 In The Game Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hits | Thanks Allan __________________ Shop for Sports Cards and Trading […]

3. […] Box Busters ITG baseball. Box Busters: 2011 In The Game Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hits | Design doesnt Look too bad. Not the best break, but i cant judge off 2 boxes. […]