Bowman: Home of YOUR Rookie Card

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

If you’ve ever wanted to appear on an official Topps baseball card, now’s your chance.

Topps announced on Tuesday that there will be 10 Bowman Debut Golden Contracts randomly placed into 2012 Bowman hobby boxes. Everyone who finds one will get a Yu Darvish autographed baseball. (Need a Darvish checklist or OPG? Click here.)

But the real draw? That’s the grand prize.

One of the 10 collectors who finds a contract will receive a $500 signing bonus, a Bowman jersey and appear on a baseball card in a 2013 Bowman release.

1. Richard
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 10:56 AM | Permalink

Now that would be tempting to do.
    I’d want to wear a team USA Jersey.

I could see someone really rich trying to buy them up.
    If the Darvish is unique to the contract, #’d to 10, it would sell for $1500-2000 by itself.

2. Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 11:33 AM | Permalink

Ooh, a sneak preview to the most undesirable 10 cards in the 2013 Bowman set.

3. chrisolds
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 12:12 PM | Permalink

ONE of the 10 gets a card … one.

4. @Jaypers413
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 01:00 PM | Permalink

I’d probably sell one of these cards if I ever pulled it.

5. afff
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 02:10 PM | Permalink

i wouldn’t mind to get one but the odd are to great and not worth me spending the money to try and get one
    if i did get one i would like to be a short print, i figure if a squirrel can be short printed why can’t i hahaha

6. JmfnP
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 02:53 PM | Permalink

What an interesting concept … way to think OUTSIDE of the box on this one guys! Nice Job!!!!!

7. Evan
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 03:46 PM | Permalink

This is going to be cool, is it just hobby boxes or Jumbos too?

8. Christopher V
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 08:52 PM | Permalink

I think if I pulled one… My 5 year old son would have his first RC!! Hard part would be to find the funds to buy up every single one!

9. Brandon
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 09:45 PM | Permalink

It’s likely Willy Wonka!

10. Adam Shoemaker
    Posted Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 10:24 PM | Permalink

It is an interesting concept/contest. I do like to see that from any card manufacturers. It might inflate box prices some, though. I think most of the 10 will be found by case-breakers. I am more interested in seeing who wins than I am with trying to see me on the card.

11. Marcus F.
    Posted Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 05:23 PM | Permalink

Do you know how much is the 2009 Ticket to Stardom card of darvish know.

12. Jonathan Gaudlitz
    Posted Saturday May 5th, 2012 at 10:19 PM | Permalink

Neat contest, it will be fun to try it.
    But I bet there will be a lot of disappointed collectors when the contest is over.