A mailday video … just for fun

Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds breaks down a mailday of purchases made over the last few months on COMC.com.

Why? Just for fun. (Yes, the video is flipped … he’ll get it right next time.)

What did he buy? How many of the cards were Nick Swishers? Watch and find out …

1. BigShep79
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 12:27 PM | Permalink

There were only 26 Nick Swishers!

2. allen
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 12:33 PM | Permalink

I think 21.. I kept losing count.

3. Norman Carlisle
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 12:40 PM | Permalink

26 swisher’s

4. mlbscout
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 01:03 PM | Permalink

Ha ha Chris, at zero comments this makes it impossible for me to win the “contest”.
    Anyway… 26 Swishers (and counting).

5. Bowmanboy88
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 02:30 PM | Permalink

26 nick swishers

6. Bowmanboy88
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 02:32 PM | Permalink

26 now in cleveland swishers

7. Bowmanboy88
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 02:37 PM | Permalink

26 boy

8. Ryan R
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 02:40 PM | Permalink

26 swishers. That female eating champion auto was maybe the finest example of dabbling I’ve ever seen.

9. kris
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 04:01 PM | Permalink

i think chris is relieving the reverse negative from 1989 upperdeck dale murphy

10. kris
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 04:08 PM | Permalink

26 mr swishers

11. Michael Colt
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 04:13 PM | Permalink

26 Swishers and dont know if u know this but there is Top Gun out in 3D sweet huh

12. steve
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 04:24 PM | Permalink

Chris are ya interested in a 2006 Bowman Buyback Nick Swisher Certified Autograph issue hand numbered 321/341

13. chrisolds
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 04:37 PM | Permalink

Ryan R: I know, right?

14. chrisolds
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 04:38 PM | Permalink

Michael: Seeing a $25 DVD on the shelf at the store with no extras is probably why I laughed and put in my no-extras standard DVD that cost me $40 a decade-plus ago into my machine later that night.

Ironies.

15. Greg
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 06:18 PM | Permalink

26 Swishers for the Swisher addict.

FROM MOD: Winner via random selection.

16. Brian Blankenburg
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 08:14 PM | Permalink

I counted 25 Swishers.

17. Matt
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 08:44 PM | Permalink

Counted 26 Swishers!

18. Michael Colt
    Posted Monday March 18th, 2013 at 09:31 PM | Permalink

Hilarious! Now I just might buy it to kill this cat.

19. Pete
    Posted Tuesday March 19th, 2013 at 07:02 AM | Permalink

26 swisher’s; I wish he stayed with the yankees.

20. Tom Waldron
    Posted Tuesday March 19th, 2013 at 07:17 AM | Permalink

Chris
    Thanks for the SWisher Video nice to see you’re out there searching.
    IS there a Swisher card you Don’t have ?? Also this kind of reminded me of that little contest you used to do
    the one WHere what would you buy with 50 dollars or 20 dollars what cool stuff could you find at an LCS OR INTERNET.
    I used to do the same looking for the earliest cards of fav player being a Red Sox fan Pedro Martinez was the player I looked for finding a Minor league cards Doodgers Police cards it’a amazing what you can find if you dig deeeep enough.
    THanks keep it up
    Tom w

21. David Johnson
    Posted Tuesday March 19th, 2013 at 08:57 AM | Permalink

I counted 26 Swishers. Your COMC breaks are always fun to watch as you always have at least a few cards that bring back memories. This time is was the Todd Van Poppel cards, especially the 1991 Classics Blue card of “Future Aces”.

22. Michael Colt
    Posted Wednesday March 20th, 2013 at 08:24 PM | Permalink

Who won and what did they win? Something nice?!

23. chrisolds
    Posted Wednesday March 20th, 2013 at 09:13 PM | Permalink

Nobody yet. Been busy. Maybe by Friday.

24. Nick Mikulicich
    Posted Thursday March 21st, 2013 at 11:17 AM | Permalink

Jim Bouton, not Jim Palmer, was the other inventor of Big League Chew.

25. chrisolds
    Posted Thursday March 21st, 2013 at 03:48 PM | Permalink

Indeed. I either had a brain-freeze or it’s wrong on the back of the card.

26. Greg
    Posted Thursday March 21st, 2013 at 08:12 PM | Permalink

30 swishers is my second guess. Tell me I’m right?

27. Olds