All five Bowman Lucky Redemptions are good for Kris Bryant autographs

photo

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

If you got Lucky buying Bowman, you got Kris Bryant.

Topps announced on Wednesday that the powerful Chicago Cubs prospect is the player collectors will receive for any of the five Bowman Lucky Redemption cards in 2014 Bowman. There were five Lucky redemptions to be found — each will get a Bryant Refractor auto.

Bryant is hitting .325 with 11 homers and 36 RBI in 43 games for the Double-A Tennessee Smokies this season after being the second-overall pick in last year’s draft. Bryant, the winner of the Golden Spikes Award last year, has been a hot seller among 2014 Bowman.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball and Beckett Sports Card Monthly magazines. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

Joe

Of course the Cubs will trade him away for some big name has been.

Posted May 21, 2014 at 3:58 pm | Permalink
phillies_joe

Thanks for going out on a limb Topps….sheesh. Thinking the #2 I pulled would have given me a shot at various auto cards….well here is hopeing he pans out.

Posted May 21, 2014 at 4:41 pm | Permalink
deez

BALLZ

Posted May 21, 2014 at 6:28 pm | Permalink
whattheheck

wahhhhhhhhhh I felt like crying too

Posted May 22, 2014 at 10:38 am | Permalink

this is wrong in so many ways, very misleading, way to stick it to collectors TOPPS

Posted May 22, 2014 at 3:12 pm | Permalink
ted lee

Why have 5 different redemption numbers if only 1 player is going to be available. What a shame.

Posted May 22, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink
Larry

Just one more incident to prove the big card companies are flushing this hobby down the toilet. Thanks for this topps and thanks panini for adding organic powder to scratch the surface of our cards. I sincerely hope someone is fired over each of these snafu’s if not then I must believe the government is running these companies by not holding anyone accountable which is their MO.

Posted May 22, 2014 at 11:17 pm | Permalink
Jon

A card company can offer whatever they want for a redemption. I have #2 and I’m really happy it is Bryant. If you get a redemption for something like this, why pi$$ and moan about it? On another note, anyone know when these will be shipping?

Posted May 24, 2014 at 11:07 am | Permalink
Los

Seeing as how I am still waiting for Wil Myers Lucky Redemption 5 from last year (redeemed last June), I think you have quite a wait on yours hands.

Posted May 24, 2014 at 2:02 pm | Permalink