Topps’ Spring Fever promotion begins today

SpringFeverauto

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Spring training is over — but Spring Fever is just getting started.

Topps‘ Spring Fever card shop promotion, that is.

The hobby shop promotion begins today, March 31, with a pack of five Spring Fever cards going to each collector who purchases 16 packs of 2014 Topps Series 1 at a participating hobby shop.

Some of the bonus packs will include certified autographs.

You can see more of the cards … after the jump.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball and Beckett Sports Card Monthly magazines. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

feels almost like they’re punishing people who already bought series 1.

Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Permalink
Jason K

Topps should include jumbo packs/boxes in this promotion. Buying 32 packs (that’s enough to get two Spring Fever packs) is still 4 packs short of one hobby box. But buying one jumbo box costs about twice as much as a hobby box. Maybe if you buy a Jumbo box you get 3 of the packs (even though cost wise, you should get about 4 packs). Is this up to Topps discretion, or the hobby shop?

Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:48 pm | Permalink
Tom Waldron

Hey heres a little twist how bout puttg those packs in the actual box u buy.
Sounds novel doesn’t it.
A littl incentive for the average colector who likes to buy and collate his own set.
Time Topps starts acting like it appreciates those who buy boxes.
It goes like this collectors are finding something special in their boxes Topps company added a little bonus .
Jumbo’s buyers get a Spring fever auto pack
Unlike last year not telliing anybody about the Ginter 1/1’s
And you know I don’t even work for Topps and it took me 5 seconds to thin k of that.
Just saying….

Posted March 31, 2014 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Thanks Topps for the FREE Spring Fever Packs. My customers always like getting promotion packs (especially with a chance for autos/great inserts) for FREE, especially when the are buying products they normally collect. They understand, this incentive is one more way for Topps to say, “Thanks for buying more of our product.”

My customers and I would love to see MORE incentive packs for other products.

Posted April 1, 2014 at 7:14 am | Permalink
Jason

According to my local guy they are doing it this way this year because the redemption cards last year were getting pulled buy guys buying boxes/cases online and then taking them into the LCS by the dozens to redeem.
This promotion is all about getting people to go to their LCS and support their LCS with a purchase, not just a redemption.
Myself personally it’s not much of an incentive for me as I don’t love the flagship and could care less about sticker autos.
But in all honesty, a good promotion all around.

Posted April 1, 2014 at 11:13 am | Permalink
Jason K

To be clear, I’m not complaining about Topps doing a promotion. It’s great that they are doing something for the LCS and the customers who buy from them. It just seems like they missed a big chunk of their customers by not including Jumbos as part of this. I haven’t bought a regular box since the guy at my LCS recommended the HTA Jumbo box.

Posted April 1, 2014 at 2:06 pm | Permalink