Box Busters: 2013 Ultimate Collection football cards

Join Beckett Football‘s Dan Hitt and Derek Ficken as they rip into boxes of 2013 Ultimate Collection from Upper Deck in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Maybe one of the things you can discuss on your radio show is why Upper Deck puts out “rookie” cards in a collegiate product. Most of them are collegiate veterans. I know it refers to the NFL rookie class, but last I checked, they weren’t making NFL cards.

Posted January 2, 2014 at 10:35 pm | Permalink
JayKayZee

I opened 2 pack/boxes of this product and was …..well disappointed to say the least. Out of 2 packs, I pulled 3 booklet autos (Yes, my first pack had 2 booklets!), but none of the 3 were ANYONE I’d ever heard of, and numbered /199. But what really disappointed me was the materials are all “Player Worn” and ZERO game-used. Translation : You get a retired great, and it’s a brand new, right off the rack jersey that the player barely breathed on.
I don’t mind the college aspect of UDs product as much as others, but I think they should just drop any kind of memorabilia since they can’t get game-used anymore. It feel just fake to get a brand new jersey from a vintage player.

Posted January 3, 2014 at 4:42 am | Permalink
Ron Jungbauer

Not much of a football card fan, I do baseball but those are some great looking cards. Upper Deck has been my favorite card company since 1989. Appreciate the box break. Always fun to see what comes out.

Posted January 3, 2014 at 10:25 am | Permalink
Chris Wardner

Jaykayzee’s comment should be framed and hung in the UD offices as a reminder of what NOT to do when you make a product.

Posted January 3, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Permalink
Mike Pereira

When will they ever stop with the “Event Worn” stuff. I rather it not be in products. They are just so cheesy and everyone knows they are worthless. How can you call a product high end when it has event worn patches and autos of sub stars. It seems to be the same college guys in every product until Upper Deck runs out of that guys sticker autos. How many Roman Gabriel’s and Charlie White’s are out there.

Posted January 5, 2014 at 11:17 pm | Permalink
kris buonocore

where the heck have you been dan? rookie box buster derek did ok. nice looking cards but too risky for me

Posted January 6, 2014 at 7:49 am | Permalink