Santa Claus coming to a Strata football box near you

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Football Editor

Ho ho ho!

Topps is bringing Santa Claus to collectors this year.

Santa Claus autograph relic cards have popped up in 2013 Topps Strata Football. No, Santa isn’t one of the many backup quarterbacks this year. The Santa Claus cards are an extra addition to Strata.

One of the first cards popped up during a group break with Cardsmiths Breaks. Sam Smith, the owner, said the card given away in a random drawing to all the members in the group break.

The card is numbered to 35, and signed in silver ink with a gold star next to the game. There is also a red, green and white sweater as the last layer of the shadowbox card.

So what do you think of the card?

Santa Claus cards: yay or nay?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Susan Lulgjuraj is an editor at Beckett Media. You can email her here with questions, comments or ideas. Follow her on Twitter here. Follow Beckett Media on Facebook and Twitter.

Nice touch with the “SANTA-WORN MEMORABILIA” and “CERTIFIED SANTA AUTOGRAPH ISSUE” disclaimers.

Posted December 12, 2013 at 8:52 am | Permalink
Marc Genser

Might be nice for children who find it in their pack, but other than that it does not really serve a purpose as (at least I believe) santa never played in the NFL. But hey, weirder things have happened…

Posted December 12, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

The Santa in the photo is too creepy

Posted December 12, 2013 at 9:54 am | Permalink
phillies_joe

Someone is on an ego trip….and I agree with above…Santa looks like a creep

Posted December 12, 2013 at 11:30 am | Permalink
J.R. Lebert

I would love one! That’s a cool card, and honestly, it’s one of the cards I would collect, as it’s a HOBBY for me, not my source of income. Let’s be honest, it’ll sell MUCH better than almost ANYONE in this year’s awful RC class.

Posted December 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Permalink
David Bonneville

I saw this on Twitter and thought it would be nice for a child :) I know of a 5 year old boy who would LOVE to find this in HIS stocking :) He’s a great kid, you should hear some of the things he come’s out with, like just the other day his mother told him he better eat all his dinner and veggies and if he didn’t Santa might only bring him cola this year, and his reply ” Well that’s okay! He can bring me coal then I can be the conductor on the train and make it go fast!” lol Gotta love’em! :))

Posted December 12, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Permalink
David Bonneville

Dang it! That should have read “COAL” not Cola!

Posted December 12, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Permalink
Jeorge hibz

I voted Nay, but after pondering it , it mite be a nice gift to a young collector,

Posted December 12, 2013 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Now wasnt Chris Olds the santa claus here. Like really? Someone needs to get on that..

Posted December 12, 2013 at 10:07 pm | Permalink
whatajoke

Topps just continues to shred their last shred of any credibility. Now, not only are they passing off “memorabilia” that they won’t certify as being from ANYTHING anymore, but now they’ve gone back to the well of just plain making stuff up!! Anyone remember the Triple Thread John Henry and Pecos Bill cards?? $200+ a box to pull one of those?? Then this past year with the Allen & Ginter cards containing pieces from a Phoenix or the Loch Ness Monster??

P.S – Amusing that neither this Santa card, or any of those jokes they slipped into A&G are actually on the checklist!

Posted December 13, 2013 at 9:52 am | Permalink
chrisolds

Ryan: I failed to be jolly enough.

Posted December 13, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Permalink
Mike

I’m generally very critical of topps but as long as this card is an EXTRA auto in the box, I like it.

Posted December 13, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink
idiocratic

olds: i’ve seen you in person before, trust me you’re jolly enough

Posted December 14, 2013 at 10:52 am | Permalink
J.R.

So just FYI, I wonder how many cards from Strata are selling for $125+? That’s what the first Santa went for on the bay…

Posted December 15, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Permalink