LeBron James 16-autograph Exquisite card shows up

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Basketball Editor

One of the 16-autograph booklet cards from 2012-13 Upper Deck Exquisite has popped up on eBay on the first day of release.

It’s 16 autographs of LeBron James on one card.

Check out the eBay auction here.

Last week, we previewed these cards focusing on the Michael Jordan 16-autograph card. As of right now, that one still seems to be in boxes.

How high do you think this auction will go?

Susan Lulgjuraj is an editor at Beckett Media. You can email her here with questions, comments or ideas. Follow her on Twitter here. Follow Beckett Media on Facebook and Twitter.

Dan

What a waste of 15 James auto stickers!

Posted November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am | Permalink
Vince Czerwonka

Such a strange gimmick…just one autograph is nice…I do not need his autograph 16 times on one item…hopefully, this will not be successful and we will not see this in the future.

Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Not as high as the seller hopes

Posted November 20, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink
Joe

Upper Deck is trying to stay relevant in all sport by any means necessarys. Why not just stick to Hockey and stop screwing with collectors with crap like this. They keep release basketball and football products with the same one or two images on a different card. Now this.

Posted November 20, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Permalink
Richard

How much? Less than if he had 16 individual Lebron Auto Cards.
A nice Lebron Auto can fetch $1000+
Crappy Sticker versions under $200.
So, this beats the value of 16 Crappy ones, but will not do as well 16 Exquisite ones normally would.
Since it is featured on Beckett,it will get noticed and likely get more than if not mentioned.
At a guess, under $8K which is certainly a win for opening a box.

Posted November 20, 2013 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

If you asked me yesterday morning what I thought about 16 signatures of anyone on one card, I can honestly say that I would have seriously questioned the practice. But yesterday, I walked into Triple Crown Trading in Naperville, IL, owned by Tom Morgan, and my opinion changed quite dramatically.

I had the option of buying one of 3 Upper Deck Exquisite boxes. One customer said I should choose box #1. Another said I should choose box #3. Tom suggested box #2. I took Tom’s advice and chose #2. With several people watching, I opened the box and saw the roman numeral XVI and then the #23. A huge burst of adrenaline took over Tom’s store. The, “OMG’s” and “WOW’s” filled the air for quite awhile. It was an amazing moment that will always be remembered by everybody there. Especially me! I guess this is why we collect cards, autos, etc. Moments like this connect all of us as collectors whether you like the 16X auto idea or not.

I was extremely lucky to be at the right place at the right time and I hope that the card increases in value over time as the winner of my auction will be investing quite a bit.

I would also like to mention that Tom Morgan, the owner of Triple Crown Trading, can be heard every Sunday morning at 7:00 AM CST on ESPN radio AM 1000 ( Chicago). His show, “Sports collecting with Tom Morgan,” is one of a kind and a true gem.

Thanks,

Vince Clemente

Posted November 20, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Permalink
Mike

gonna say 20k

Posted November 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Permalink
Jason K

I wouldn’t pay 5 bucks for anything with LeBron’s name on it… Let alone his name 16 times.

Posted November 21, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Permalink