Box Busters: 2013 Panini Cooperstown baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into boxes of 2013 Panini Cooperstown in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Richard Hardy

Love the look of those cards. Any body who sees this video…………. on Wed. at 8:30 cst (9:30 est) Chatter up on Facebook you can win free card packs. This week is Cooperstown packs (video you are about to watch). Join us there if you can.

Posted September 10, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink
Brian Blankenburg

I really liked your box busters of Panini Cooperstown. I’m a big fan of this product. I personally like the wood cards better than the Colgan’s. But I can understand they are a neat idea and I don’t dislike them, just like the wood better. The wood cards are die-cut and are the box toppers in the retail version. I have a retail box coming and I’m looking forward to seeing the die cut card. Oh, by the way, the cards are numbered on the top left corner on the back.

Now I have a weird? spooky? ironic? story to tell about this product. Last year I opened 4 boxes, in the first box the autograph was Jim Rice. In the 2nd box, my auto was Whitey Herzog. I forget who was in the 3rd box and the 4th box I pulled a Berra auto!!! YEAH Berra!!!!!!!!! (Remember, Cash, it’s just as good as money. I’ll send you guys either an A’s card or a Rangers card if you can tell me what commercial that quote came from.) Anyway, I’ve opened 2 boxes already this year. In the first box, my auto was Jim Rice. In the second box my auto this year was Whitey Herzog, Now, is that spooky or what???

Anyway, I sure like Panini Cooperstown.

Brian Blankenburg

Posted September 10, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Hey, Chris,

I pulled a few “extra” Reggie Jackson Conlon discs. “How many do you want?” I did not see you pull a Reggie autograph card. I suggest you hurry down to your local hobby store and buy a few boxes. That might be the only way you can get another Reggie auto without further verbal abuse from him:)

Posted September 10, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Permalink
Mike

What do you guys DO with all this stuff after opening the packs? Do most people sell the stuff or put/file it all away?

Posted September 11, 2013 at 11:07 am | Permalink
Susan Lulgjuraj

If it’s not given away, it gets put in an archives.

Posted September 11, 2013 at 11:16 am | Permalink
Mike

Thanks Susan! BTW, I was just given a Ty Cobb 2013 Cooperstown Lumberjack card. Is it worth much?

Posted September 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Permalink
Olds

I was not asking Jackson for an autograph when he acted like an ass. I was taking a photo of him for my job. (He was on the floor at a public event.)

Posted September 13, 2013 at 11:15 am | Permalink
Jason K

I liked this product last year (although because money was tight, I didn’t get to buy as much as I would have liked). I’m with you guys about not putting chrome/sparkle stuff in with a vintage set (that goes for Topps too). I like that the wood cards are back. I REALLY like the Negro League licensing this year. That gives me hope that Panini will do a set exclusive to the Negro League in the future. Overall lots of positive, and very little negative.

Oh, and Chris, I got the Hooper X reference.

Posted September 13, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Chris- Maybe Reggie was upset with you because he wanted you to take a photo WITH him, wearing your A’s hat.

Posted September 13, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Permalink