Posted on June 24, 2013 – 4:31 pm | Author: Susan Lulgjuraj
Non-Sports | Luke Skywalker, Star Wars, Star Wars trading cards, Star Wars: A New Hope, Topps | Comments (0)
By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor
In 1981, NPR broadcasted a six-hour Star Wars story “A New Hope” with action, drama and more of a back story for the epic tale. Those Radio Drama stories are now coming to trading cards with original artwork.
In November, Topps will release 2013 Stars Wars Illustrated: A New Hope. The cards feature new vantage points and add a backdrop to the legendary story.
The base set will consist of 100 cards, but the extra 45 inserts will put together the full story.
Each box will hold 24 six-card packs. Along with the base cards (including Black, Bronze and Gold (hobby only) parallels), collectors can find hits such as sketch cards and printing plates.
- One Year Earlier (1 in 2 packs) – Eighteen cards showing what happened one year before Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Movie Poster Artist Reinterpretations (1:3) – Nine artists give their interpretations of the 1977 Star Wars movie poster.
- Etched Foil Radio Drama Puzzle (1:8) – Six foil cards that create a scene of the Radio Drama.
- The Mission: Destroy the Death Star (1:12) – Twelve cards showing the best way to destroy the Death Star.
Hits (one hit per box):
- Panorama Sketch Card – Topps artists create original art on book cards.
- Film Cel Relics – Film cels from the 1977 movie embedded in cards.
- Printing Plate – Plates from the base and insert sets.
- Original Etched Foil Artwork – Six original artwork pieces to create an etched foil puzzle insert.
- Sketchographs – Sketch cards signed by actors from the movie and Radio Drama.
Susan Lulgjuraj is an editor of Beckett Sports Card Monthly. You can email her here with questions, comments or ideas. Follow her on Twitter here. Follow Beckett Media on Facebook and Twitter.
Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *