Update: A new prize is up for grabs … we want your entries!
By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor
If there’s one thing I’ve come to appreciate more and more over the last few years at Beckett Media, it’s the tales of collectors — specifically, those of SuperCollectors who clearly are so focused on their niche that only one word applies.
And it’s a good thing. Imagine my thoughts today as I dipped into the SuperCollector mailbag and saw that we didn’t really have too many new and amazing entries piled up from the last few weeks.
I did the only sane thing I should do … I went and found this Larry Bird card and am randomly giving it away to one SuperCollector who submits all the necessary info between now and July 1.
The card is an impressive one — and we’ll make sure it’s in someone’s hands … as long as they submit their info about their collection.
How can it be yours? Read the instructions on submitting your SuperCollector info (any sport, any player, any niche) … after the jump.
How can you be a SuperCollector? Your instructions … read them carefully!
You don’t have to have the most-expensive collection on the block but it needs to be unique — downright crazy — in some way that it stands out.
Send in an email to Beckett editor Chris Olds at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com the following information:
1. Name, age, your email address, your location (state) and who/what you collect.
2. Statistics about your collection (total cards, number of 1/1s, number of autographs, number of game-used cards or items, etc., as seen on the examples seen here).
3. Tell us why you should be selected. Sell us on what makes your collection the best — and how/why your collection started. Tell us what makes your collection special and unique.
4. Send us LINKS to images that we can examine or use with your item — including one showing you with your collection. (Bad images won’t help your case … and 900-MB attachments won’t either!) Warning: Any emails over 10 MB will NOT arrive and will not be seen.
5. Be complete — and be patient. We WILL be in touch if you are selected or we need more information. If you sent info in the past, it’s likely outdated by now — so update it and send it again.
6. Act fast … we want your info.
Check out the SuperCollectors below if you need to see more … we’re awaiting your email.
Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Sports Card Monthly magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO READ THE PAGES!