Box Busters: 2013 Upper Deck All-time Greats basketball cards

Join Beckett Basketball‘s Brian Fleischer and Chris Olds as they rip into boxes of 2013 Upper Deck All-time Greats basketball cards in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

quavis

You didnt think UD would send them boxes without a Jordan did you? Have they ever not? I could buy five boxes and I bet I wouldnt hit a Jordan. They know whos watching, and they know how to get us. just biy the Jordan auto single for $400 and save hundreds in the long run. Im liking Panini more and more. UD just trying to get our money with subpar college cards because they are ”thick” and you can only get a Jordan auto from them. No thanks.

Posted April 2, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Thanks for your feedback. There have been many a Box Busters from Upper Deck without a Jordan-caliber auto. In the case of this product, as we said, there’s a one-in-six chance at a Jordan in a box.

In fact, on high-end products like these their top draws are plentiful. The last Exquisite had at least 895 autos. Story here: http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/10/upper-deck-packs-plenty-of-michael-jordan-autographs-into-upcoming-exquisite-collection/

Posted April 2, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Permalink
quavis

ive seen one evrytime. im pretty sure ive seen most of them. one time there was two. lol.

Posted April 2, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Permalink
quavis

also your point about them being plentiful is exactly why you can buy one for around $400.

Posted April 2, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

You should want more Box Busters videos then, sir.

Posted April 2, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Permalink
J Cecil

Nice auto but really who is going to spend that loot to get 5 cards of the same dude when you can go and buy a similar if not better card for cheaper if not the same price. Dont get me wrong if I was rich Im sure Id buy a case or 2 but really when will these companies begin to realize their customer base is from the mid level to low level income folks. Just my opinion but Chris keep the box busters coming, love em and thanks.

Posted April 2, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Permalink
Tom Waldron

Chris,
It’s Painfully obvious how Ud is Using Jordan to buy back customers. I for one strickly from a marketing standpoint would be concerend too much of anything is TOO mUCH.
After all you get what you pay for.As pointed out by others A jordan auto in a base brand was a real pricey item and i guess so is 400 but not in comparison. I understand why Ud would do it becasue they don’t have much beyond a colegiate liscence and Mlbpa and Tiger and Jordan always sell but for how long……..
just saying
I’m still wating to hit my Jordan auto in any other product
Tom w

Posted April 3, 2013 at 9:33 am | Permalink
dante

Chris, you should give away those hits to the basketball (ugly stepchildrens) collectors on here then, sir.

Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink
Ron

Nice product, but I am still smaring from pulling an Alonzo Mourning auto from my $400 box last year. Risk does not justify the reward in most cases. 1 in 6 Jordans still the odds are not in your favor. Good luck to all who break

Posted April 3, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink
dante

Chris I went back and watched, youre right, only the high end products did UD send MJ, all the low end didn’t. Know why? Cause they want us to buy the high end. The odds for Jordan/Lebron were the same in SP 1:6. You have no case in trying to convince us that UD didnt know there were Jordans in those boxes. They know exactly what they are sending you. Bait for us poor collectors. You know it, just cant admit it. Hope you sleep well knowing you help deceive the members.

Posted April 3, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Dante: You’re wrong on your bait sentiments. And I can’t prove a thing in regards to what a card company sends — I’ve seen far more so-so boxes than home runs on high-end and low-end.

Posted April 3, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Permalink
Glenn Wills

I’m not a big fan of these products. At 360 bucks Jordan would get you back your money (but not by a huge margin) but that Iverson tin wouldn’t come close. Not sure who’s on the 16 player list but there are very very few players who 1 auto and 3 other cards = 360 bucks.

Posted April 3, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Permalink
Craig

Guys like Gary Payton and Ray Allen and Jason Kidd have no business being in this product. These are mediocre players from a resale standpoint. And be honest, that’s what it is all about. I just bou,,ght a box,,, haven’t opened it yet and I am already sick. This product needs to go away, or make it like Exquisite and practically guarantee a Jordan or Lebeon. I got Jordan out of my Exquisite. Upper Deck is a joke. There mystery redemptions are terrible as well. For good measure, Iverson Reggie Miller and Isaiah Thomas are worthless as well. Limit it to 10 subjects, raise the price some, and you have a solid product.

Posted April 15, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink
Craig

That being said, I pulled Jordan numbered 24/50. And I spelled Lebron wrong. I still feel the cost is a bit much. I also got a base Jordan numbered to 50.

Posted April 15, 2013 at 10:25 pm | Permalink