Box Busters Live: 2013 Topps Heritage … watch the replay + WIN A BOX

Ever wanted to join in on an episode of Box Busters in real time instead of YouTube tape delay? Now you can …

Join Beckett Media’s Chris Olds and Susan Lulgjuraj as they rip into boxes of 2013 Topps Heritage baseball cards and chat with you in the newest edition of Box Busters Live.

When? Today (Wednesday, March 6) — 5 p.m. Central (6 p.m. Eastern)

Where? Right here on Beckett.com/news, (video will be embedded above) or via the Beckett Media Google Plus page. You will need to go to the Google Plus page to ask questions to the rippers, though you can also join in via YouTube.

What else? We’ll be giving away wax, singles and maybe more during the two-hour event.

More on Heritage, which may come in handy during the chat …  Click here for a look at the checklist      |    Click here to see the latest Heritage auctions on eBay

Hello,
I opened some 2013 Heritage from retail on Monday. I pulled a CC Sabathia #456 Black Back (Ven.) version. It has CC tossing a baseball. Is this the action variation???

Thanks,
david

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

Why did Topps decide to reduce the production of the Chrome’d cards to 999?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink
Carp

Carp wants to know whether there’s any rhyme or reason to which players are chosen to be short prints.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

Just want to let everyone know out there I’m ripping along with you.
I saved my retail blasters just for this occasion.
Just hit a Yoenis Cespedes Chrome Refractor #’d to 564.
Boo-ya mojo!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Permalink
baseballfan5

does having the topps all star rookie of the year trophy on the card increase the value at all

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:47 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

Hit my “blue” parallel of Don’t Just Stand There…Busta Posey!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Permalink
Eric

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Permalink
Derek Mckim

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink
Susan Lulgjuraj

Answer was 79. Won on the Google+ page.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Permalink
Reagan

168 1964 rookies!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink
King Bish

I’d like to hear Chris’ sales pitch for this product. Who will this product appeal to? It’s not really tickling any of my erogenous zones.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

Previous to bustin’ this blaster
I had opened another a few days ago and got me an A-Rod Venezuelan Parallel (#69)
Any idea of to the value? Any speculation perhaps?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Permalink
Reagan

How many boxes are you giving away? I’m a junior collector and LOVE topps and would love to get my hands on some! :D

Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Permalink
baseballfan5

what should I be looking for out of the ordinary from heritage any squirrels?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Permalink
Robert

This is off topic, but I’d like to turn back the clock to the days when jerseys weren’t photoshopped for traded or free agent players. A “Signed by Yankees” or “Traded to Yankees” designation is fine by me.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:03 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

Bonus…hit a relic!
Adam Dunn for the White Sox…(surpassed 400HR last year) but its 2-color..black jersey, white stripe.
Really cool.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Hi Chris,

What is your 2nd favorite 2013 Topps Heritage card from the base set and SP’s (426-500)???
I am guessing that the Nick Swisher card is your favorite.

Thanks,
david

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Permalink
Reagan

What do you think is better to buy? Single packs, value packs, or blasters?(heritage)

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Permalink
baseballfan5

where are you on the whole rookie card logo and nonrookie card logo
what has more value a card with a rc logo on it or one that doesnt and is still a rookie card

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Permalink
Adidas70

Chris,

Comparing the 2 Products out so far for Topps…which gets you more excited Series I or Heritage?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

I got a mini!
Adam Jones..Orioles..#’d 63/100.
Ah man, just one number away from 64 for the ’64 set!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Permalink
Reagan

Thanks for answering it helped a lot

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Permalink
Reagan

When did you start collecting and what do you think about the fairfield repack autograph pack?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Does the online code for subscription include renewals or new?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Justin Verlander Tigers
Wade Miley D’backs

Chromes:
Red Sox Rookie Stars #’d 44/999
Chrome Refractor:
Yoenis Cespedes A’s #’d 347/564

HITS: (Notice the Adam theme)
Adam Dunn White Sox 2-Color Relic
Adam Jones Orioles Mini #’d 63/100

Two Noteable Inserts
Memorable Moments Bryce Harper
Then and Now Sandy Koufax/Clayton Kershaw

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Permalink
baseballfan5

there arent any huge rookies this year does that take away from the value of the topps series 1

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:37 pm | Permalink
Reagan

When did chris start collecting and what do you think about fairfield auto and mem packs for 9.99 and 12.99?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Permalink
Adidas70

Chris,

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

Now I have to live vicariously thru you Chris.
I’m outta blasters and packs to rip.
Very happy with my breaks.
Not too shabby for retail either.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Permalink
James Hartenbach

That Stanton SP is sweet!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Permalink
James Hartenbach

225

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Permalink
Reagan

225

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

How different is pack searching today vs. searching for the star cards back in the 80′s?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Permalink
Reagan

i don’t have a twitter account : (

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

Hello Susan and Chris,

Did I win the Hal Brown card??
My time post was 6:51 pm.
PLMK, thanks!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Permalink
Susan Lulgjuraj

We were taking responses from Twitter on that question.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

Love it!
I wanta get a hobby box now!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink
James Hartenbach

Heritage 2013 isw awesome!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink
Adidas70

I’m excited to get my hands on a couple hobby boxes. Thanks for doing the rip Chris!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink
matt pearson

i love heritage like the oncard auto!!! hope i win the box!!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink
afff

thanks for the break. seem like i would enjoy doing the set as i have always like the old looks.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink
mlb13showfan

will you do a live break of Archives?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink
baseballfan5

it is a really good brand with some interesting inserts that makes older guys remember where the brand of topps came from and what it used to be and shows how the card industry has grown and changed

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink
Reagan

Is there an advantage or disadvantage to collecting young?

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink
Kelly T

I think the 2013 Heritage is my favorite of the last few years. I really like that Stanton varriation you pulled.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink
baseballfan5

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink
Rob Mazetta

I enjoyed the live box busters! I picked up a few packs at my LCS and I love the fronts how it was designed but I gotta say..The backs are oogly haha. That ’64 for ya. I enjoy the news flashbacks and all and all very enjoyable.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink
Joseph Reynolds

I think the 2013 Heritage is an awesome break. I can’t wait to rip into some here myself. I love the older designed cards and definately will be picking some up. Thanks.

Joe Reynolds

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink
Joseph Reynolds

Joe Reynolds

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Permalink
Christopher Hamilton

I enjoyed the look of this years Heritage. Looking forward to getting some packs open soon.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Permalink
Mark Loftus

I like the topps heritage this year. I enjoy all the on card autos, variations and short prints. I also like the way it gives it an old school look.
Can’t wait to be able to open a box. Thanks again for the live box break.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Permalink
Scott Laird

Thanks for this, great insight!!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Permalink
Matt Gilman

Still havent picked up any. I could only afford retail anyways. Probably a couple of packs sometime

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Permalink
Stephanie Loftus

Thanks Chris and Susan for opening the topps heritage and answering questions. Really enjoyed seeing the product. I like the look of the old school cards. I also like the variations and short prints which make each box a little more of an adventure. Excited to get some of my own soon. Also really looking forward to your next live break I always learn a lot. : )

From mod: winner of a 12-pack box.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:27 pm | Permalink
Erling Crousse

The only cruddy thing about Heritage is that my LCS doesn’t carry it! But man, each year, I really like what Topps does with it. One of my favorite sets! Tip my cap to Topps for the great job, and thanks to you guys for the break! Love watching breaks, especially with people who really care about the hobby!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Permalink
jimmy g

These cards are beautiful!!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Permalink
Reagan

I really like heritage and the thrill of collecting, it’s exciting too pull the one card you need or one you really really like. Thank you again Chris and Susan for answering my questions and helping me in collecting with the site! Keep up the good work and I hope I could win the box! GREAT JOB!!!

Posted March 6, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink
Jeff F

I really like what I’m seeing from Heritage this year! I’ve never bought any before but I might have to pick some up now.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Love the live breaks! Keep em comin’! Thanks Chris and Sooz.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Permalink
Tim Rash

I love watching your video breaks! Everyone there at beckett have become somewhat of a celebrity to my son and I ! Especially you Chris its always fun to watch a new video of yours. These cards are amazing ! the only thing that bugs me is topps making it near immpossible to collect the players we like, like Bryce Harper. Seems like all but a couple of his cards are short print or “super” short print. Gets kinda frustrating. Anyway … if your giving away a box I’d still love to be in the running to win one, Who knows maybe it would have one of those super duper rare cards !
Keep up the Good work guys !!

From mod: Hobby box winner

Posted March 7, 2013 at 4:17 am | Permalink
Don Sarver

I really like the old retro look of this modern set. What impresses me the most is the on card autos of really old players, I think that matches the set really nice.

Posted March 7, 2013 at 10:01 am | Permalink
Ryan R

This and Ginter (minus most of the non baseball crap) are my two favorite products from a collector standpoint. I think I do better with ginter from a money standpoint though.

Posted March 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink
Jason K

Wish I could have watched this. I really enjoyed the Series 1 rip… 6:00pm Eastern on a Wednesday during Lent is a REALLY bad time for the east coast. The last time (3:00pm Eastern) is PERFECT any day of the week any time of the year.

I know there are alot of factors to consider when picking a time (Pacific being 3 hours behind Eastern being a big issue, obviously). I would think that having it during work hours for EVERYBODY is better than having it during: work hours for 25% of the country, evening hours for 25% of the country, half work half drive home hours for 50% of the country.

Posted March 7, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink
Jason Taylor

I really love Heritage, but this year I’m going to wait to buy a box since the prices really bottomed out last year a few months after release. If memory serves they went from $70 to $45 or so by summer. I hate to wait (since this is one of the sets I build every year) but the wallet commands me.

Posted March 8, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink
Gene Annis

Always enjoy seeing Box Breaks and watching the ractions as Susan awaits a JETER and Chris play’s up his Athletics.

Keep ripping and keep posting those price updates.

Posted March 8, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Permalink
Ian Moore

I’m sorry that I missed this live but I was working. Always love the retro look of the heritagen cards.

Posted March 9, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink
Ryan

Well opened a box of this after watching most of the break. I was able to pull…..nothing. No Relic and No Auto. I’m 1 for 1. Last year in Allen and Ginter I got no sps and 48 whats in a name cards in 2 boxes (even better is that they were just duplicates every two packs). What does Topps have against boxes going to Canada?

At least I got my oldest rookie. My buyback was the Boccabella/Cowan Cubs Rookie Stars so I got a rookie card from 20 years before I was born. I am hoping for better luck next time.

Posted March 10, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Permalink
Andy York

Love the look of Heritage and the Box Buster shows. Missed this one live but hope to make the next one. Hope I can finally find a blaster at Target too…keep on either being out or never recieving them, so frustrating. Oh well hope to get some hobby of it soon cause it looks awesome!

Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Permalink
Ben Wilson @ourtradingcards

Didn’t plan to do much Heritage this year. Went to a LCS that I never go to. Bought 2 packs from a fresh box. Nailed a hot box. He refused to sell me the rest. Bought 5 packs total out of it. He wouldn’t sell me any more of the packs. I won’t be shopping there ever again!!

Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Permalink
M Goody

What I like about Heritage this year is the variety of hits for the collector, from multiple short print variations, error cards and refractors, it makes everyone pay attention to the details of the set and brings out the qualities of what made the original Topps set so great. Also love that there are refractor hot packs and a higher ratio of autos in the hobby boxes making this the most accesible set for collectors no matter their budget

Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Also, just like every year, I love 2013 Heritage! Working on that Master Set! The action variations were cool.

Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Permalink
Ben Bishop

Love the live box breaks. The fact I enjoy just watching packs getting ripped either makes me a true card fanatic or weird. It could go either way. Anyways, Heritage is by far my favorite “affordable” baseball product. Glad to see the live break continue. What will be the next product to get a live break?

Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Permalink
Paul Braddy

Chris, I watch all your videos like they are a religious experience! I pulled an Eddie Mathews Bazooka card out of a five dollar jumbo pack bc I can’t afford the hobby boxes! Help a Braves fan pull another sweet card. Please!

Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Permalink
Michael Runyon

These are great. You need to do one for each sport

Posted March 15, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Permalink