Box Busters: 2012 Panini National Treasures

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a box of 2012 Panini National Treasures in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will he find inside this high-end box? Watch and find out …

(Click here to see how other cards from this one selling on eBay.)

Nick Mikulicich

The autograph booklet makes it a definitely above-average box. But you would still lose money if you sold off the cards on ebay.

Posted March 5, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink
bill johnson

i like that booklet. $400 is way out of my price range. ive been watching a dwight gooden swatch auto on ebay, pretty high right now for a past star whose not in the hall. hope your feeling better. looking forward to tomorrows heritage break.

Posted March 5, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Permalink
Maleek

Good pulls Chris!

Posted March 5, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink
Janooz

From mod: Sorry, Janooz. Your comments won’t be approved if you’re bringing nothing except personal insults.

Posted March 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

We did a 2 case break and the there were 2 HOF book autos: Hal Newhouser /5 and Bill Terry /10. The first 4 picks were Wei-Yin Chen Auto Relic /99, Maddux 3 color patch auto /25, Chipper 3 color patch auto /10, and a Barry Larkin button /6.

Maybe it is one auto hof book per case? From our break my impression was the product felt balanced across the boxes. Still, can’t beat any HoF relic auto #/5. Nice break Chris.

Posted March 5, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Permalink
kris

this could be the nicest cards of the year, but i dont have the marbles to spend that much on a box. i wish i was rich, i would buy a case

Posted March 6, 2013 at 7:26 am | Permalink

I can’t believe this, but I ordered one box of this product and my girls and I opened it today (to break up our own Heritage rip party) and our book was the Luis Aparicio cut auto Little Louie #5/5! Looks like we know where 2 of the 5 Aparicios are! Crazy.

Also, I’ve changed my opinion…the box you opened was legendary.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

PS. Just realized there are bat and jersey versions of the Little Louie Cut Auto books. Ours was the jersey.

Posted March 6, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Permalink
J. Braddy

Biggest waste of money ever. Could have gotten more spending $400 on Walmart Topps Ser 1 retail.

Posted March 7, 2013 at 10:03 am | Permalink
Steve

$400 for unlicensed close-ups of players with no logos or team associations? This may be the weakest premium release ever. It’s products like these that remind me, it’s time for the industry to implode once again and take down pushers of marginal product (ahem, Upper Deck).

Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Permalink